myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Stephenson launches..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ldhr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's called Karma.

cgoudie1 wrote:
You know, you've been witness to a lot of weird crap, I think you're kind
of a magnet for it ;*)

-Craig

isobars wrote:
BBB is across the river, but that doesn't explain laying one's gear across someone else's. Maybe I'm a bit touchy after seeing kite line cut scars, seeing a guy rig ON my sail to keep his off the Hatchery rocks, and seeing a guy use my board as an anvil to beat on his finbox.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldhr wrote:
it's called Karma.

Considering how far out of my way I go to help people and treat them as I want to be treated, that makes no sense.
dhanson928

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: I happens.. Reply with quote

We've all probably seen some thoughtless behavior as people do their THing... I don't think Kite Point was 'out of the norm' though I personally have not had enough experience around kites and high winds and crowded launches to be very comfortable, so I moved on..If I had known that was to be the norm for that launch, I would have chosen something more my style...

I don't normally care about how tough it is to get into the river... I do try to avoid crowded and aggressive rigging, the "Scene" isn't that fun for me. I'll launch in that crappy little bathtub sized dent at the Wall where there's room for a few cars and one at a time launch, rig in the sand and the stickers..., rather than the boat ramp or the M-41 area. I rarely use the Hatchery.

Back when I was learning to sail we spent a winter at Playa Punta Arenas, near Pta. Chivato (Baja)...Not very windy but good to learn and very few people around, other than some leased palapas on one end of the bay near Santispac... We set up our van/camp way out on the end of the beach, all alone and enjoyed some big board sailing, learned my waterstart there.. But the thoughtless thing, similar to someone rigging on Iso's sail to save his....We had some people drive up....probably a mile of deserted sand beach all around and ask us if they could tie their tent to our van.....HuH?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: