myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
How to reduce the number of boards in quiver
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottwerden

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might as well argue which foot to put in the strap first, front or back. You will get about as far with either discussion. Bottom line is, whether you have a one board quiver or a whole trailer full, it is all personal preference. Whatever fuels your stoke is the right answer.

Me, I have a 1.25 board quiver. One of my two boards stays in the garage most of the time.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottwerden wrote:
You might as well argue which foot to put in the strap first, front or back ...

or which foot to unstrap when jibing. We had a guy wanting to improve his jibe demonstrate his technique on dry land. His primary hangup was immediately obvious: he took his FRONT foot out and put IT on the inside rail to jibe! It wasn't a preference; it was just a misunderstanding. It worked for him sometimes, but we insisted that he REALLY needed to correct that one. I don't know HOW he got untwisted to switch his feet after that turn. That made BFF look mainstream by comparison.
macesix

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a 90l semi-new board and 2 fins with 3.2, 3.7, 4.2 & 5.0. I'm 200# and if I get skunked at Swell wishing I had a 7.5 sail, I just go to the sandbar and throw up my 13m kite. It saves the session and I rip past the old guys sloggin'… I also have room for a wind babe and any equipment she would need, if I had one.
kmf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, Thx, I just looked, a new light wind Naish kite , 15M, for big boys at Big Winds, is $1600 !!!

I'll keep my 6.5 Retro, thanks.

KMF
ascott72

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean. I moved out here with only 2 boards, a Mistral Screamer (101 liters) and a Bic Rap (85 liters). They died and have been replaced - and then some - mostly from the CGWA swaps but occasionally consignment from Windance or 2nd wind. All under $250, most under $100, and one even as low as $25.

I had 8 boards in the spring but I got rid of one, down to 7 now. Most were obtained in the elusive quest to find that perfect, all-around, hi-wind Gorge board. They all fit a particular niche so it is hard to get rid of any of them (speed, jumping, riding swell, nuking winds, etc.), although I only use 2 of them most of the time: a replacement Bic Rap - yes, I know it is an old design - and a 112 liter Hi-fly for light winds.

But moving soon. Losing the garage Sad Going to have to pare down again.

20140924_145935.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  917.16 KB
 Viewed:  9353 Time(s)

20140924_145935.jpg

Windsurf83

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buy a new board and support the industry. Make a fence out of all your old boards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: