myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Seaside kite - windsurfer fight ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bates

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the cameras these days. I like the shamming approach:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjcioMm6LD4
outcast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Bates....agreed Post 'em.

And as always, the Lebowskiests can understand the irony of parking lot conflicts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AEMiz6rcxc

bthiel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigwave65 wrote:
You sure sound like a good friend the way you glowingly describe him. You go on and keep grabbing the bull(or lines) by the horns. it seemed to work well for you.

Grabbing the bull by the lines...good one, LOL. Btw, I write stories so I get a bit carried away at times.

Whatever S/B this guy's name tag, I would should have reserved the word friend. I haven't know him long enough to really call him a friend. That said Bigwave, I know him well enough, to know he needs the bad cop treatment. He's a showboat, with jumping low over people, spraying his wake, tricking where he shouldn't. I want to say that some people involved in any sport like to be the Bad Boy. Ever see that, there's alway the Bad Boy football player on every team.

I've always noticed some odd way about him, he's certainly friendly, and funny to talk with. I wouldn't do any thing outside of the wind and water venue with him. Windsurfing people are like that, except for a select group. I sure it's the same everywhere, lots of people know others but you're not going to have them over for dinner. I tend to be more solitary, but that doesn't mean I'm anti-social in the least. I love talking and writing in any form.

In keeping with the topic subject matter, I think this fragmented social network we have within the sport makes it difficult and impossible to assert peer group pressure to confront the errant acts of those that just don't think or care about anything but themselves, or having fun. If you try to take the fun away in anyway, or inform them that flying a kite at 12 o'clock while walking across the beach to pick up another board is wrong, you're going to be told to get lost, FU, or I know what I'm doing, go jerk it someplace else.

I did what I thought needed to be done at the time. If I grabbed his lines, it was done without knowing WTHF I was doing. I never kited. I just couldn't keep quite, like everywhere else always does. Maybe that better to not get involved, say it doesn''t matter. or look the other way. I've never been that way, but I am in the spotlight because I took the situation and didn't look the other way. I took matters and handled it my way.

I grabbed his lines, but nothing happened to him or his pretty kite.
IE; did nothing to anyone and I'm not aware of any damage to anything.
I'll amended this line with new wording. He did have a minor scrape below the knee, previously documented.

I'd bet a thousand dollars that no one else would have spoke up to him. I'd double down that the next time it was south, he'd have done the same launch.

People will do it once and they'll do it again, isn't that some unwritten rule, until something happens or for as long as they can get away with it.

Tiger 5.8-6.3 Ezzy Wave 4.2-5.0( 6.3 FOR SALE)
See you on the water- Boyd

Last edited by bthiel on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:26 am; edited 3 times in total
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bthiel wrote:
... If I jerked his lines, it was done with out knowing WTHF I was doing.

The guy clearly was a stupid a*hole. But you jerking his lines put you in exactly the same category. If you did not know what you were doing, your behavior is reckless endangerment, and you may just win the biggest a*hole title in this contest.

I understand that you did not just want to stand there and say nothing. I also understand that the typical responses from jerks are infuriating. But getting all excited only will lead to stupid outcomes, like it did in this case.

Talking calmly to those who misbehave is much more likely to improve the situation. The first response from jerks will generally be negative, but they may still change their behavior. I have seen this happen after talking to someone calmly who some others also see as a jerk. In other cases where I thought someone was acting like a jerk, just asking questions instead of yelling at them proved quite effective - in one case, the "jerk" ended up asking for my help. So, keep it cool. I have asked others to join me, or even talk instead of me, if I thought they may be able to keep things calm or simply communicate better.
bthiel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added a few more "lines" to my last post. You may want to read and continue blasting me for some action that did nothing to anyone or any damage to anything. It may have, but didn't! I will not do that again, as I have been told right here in the forum it's a dangerous deal to do so. Okay?
WTF how was I supposed to know, I never touch or helped with kites.

I've seen an ear cut off once, on the beach by an errant kiter launching upwind of the young girl watching the surf. Yes, have heard that, you may know the person that was at the control bar.

It happened right down the street a few years ago. I think the ear was repairable and may have been sliced rather than whacked off.

Thank for the advice to remain cool. That is good advise.

Reckless endangerment, and what about being what is know in common law as Contributory Negilgence which would relavant to the determination of liability.

You need to practice what you preach. You are calling me an Ass, perhaps you need a grammar etiquette lesson. Calm down boy.

WaterKook

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cant fix KOOK!!! Laughing
bred2shred

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bthiel wrote:
I did what I thought needed to be done at the time. If I grabbed his lines, it was done without knowing WTHF I was doing. I never kited. I just couldn't keep quite, like everywhere else always does....

....I grabbed his lines, but nothing happened to him or his pretty kite..

I just love how not knowing what you were doing or what would happen is used as justification for grabbing the guy's lines. The fact that no damage or injury occurred (including to yourself) is totally irrelevant.

Again, pure stupidity.

sm
bthiel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not being the aggressor nor want to call names to at this point in the topic. I think the facts speak for themselves. Perhaps I am off base as to what is important. I really don't know what is important to those that are making comments.

I am getting heat for when his kite splashed down into the water after I grabbed the lines. Now, I do know I was wrong, as BS says regardless of nothing extreme happening as a result of releasing the kite, accidently.

Time to move on...

Last edited by bthiel on Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
outcast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you lost a golden opportunity.
guy crashed his kite onto a car in the parking lot....your job at that point was to make him feel really bad

Phase I: "Dude, Really???" seems to work pretty well...Staring/smirking helps...

Phase II: Pop the bladder, Thereby disabling the weapon. Chance for escalation....but allows you to encase the perp in fabric and lines should escalation occur

Phase III: Crazy type laughter scares most people away. ...I mean it is comical... and the laughter is disarming.

Jersey Shore Labor day? Coulda been worse.....
Ps. Don't try any of the above with The Krug

danothemano

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outcast wrote:
Yes Bates....agreed Post 'em.

And as always, the Lebowskiests can understand the irony of parking lot conflicts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AEMiz6rcxc

I assumed Aimee Mann's toe was removed by a kook's line... possibly by The Mann hizzelf..? Maybe after asking a complete stranger to help land a leaky bladder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6_PtNRYhy0 Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: