myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Need to find footstraps. WTB DK Kite Contour footstraps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timsaunders

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Need to find footstraps. WTB DK Kite Contour footstraps Reply with quote

Here is the deal I windsurf a LOT.... I have broken both my feet and usually limp all summer due to some sort of foot issue. My feet have been good for the last 6 or 7 years. Two reasons. First I sail in booties year round. This has helped a ton. Next the Dakine Kite Contour Footstrap is the only strap I can sail with. This particular strap has flex so that when I land on my face still in the strap the strap flexes like an inch or so and I don't break my foot. They are not for everyone but they are seriously all I can sail in. Dakine stopped making this footstrap a few years ago. I purchased 3 pairs a couple years ago knowing that I wouldn't be able to find more. Well the day has come..... My footstraps are almost done.

Is there anyone out there that can sell me a Dakine Kite Contour 3 pack footstraps??? Used or new...

If I can't find any I either will have to quite windsurfing or start a footstrap company.....

Thanks
philodog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe they still sell them. Are these the ones?

http://www.dakine.com/p/windsurf/footstraps/core-contours-system?clr=WHITE

They are in all the local shops. It`s all I use too. Kinda pricey at $88.
riv2511

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windance hs them. They are black now. There is also a new flexier versoin called the Vario. No urethane just webbing with padding. Most comfortable footstrap ever made!! Similer in design/shape to the core contour.
ldhr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you don't need no stinking straps - switch to kiting and ride a strapless surfboard. your feet will thank you.
sell your gas guzzling board hauler and carry all your gear in a VW TDI powered by french fry oil. your best sessions will be when the wind blows 15 knots and no windsurfers are on the water.
A whole new world of travelling will open up and you'll be a total chick magnet.
timsaunders

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Core contour Reply with quote

Philodog those are the windsurf version of the core contour. The Kite version of the core contour is wider and has a softer rubber that stretches way way more than the windsurf version.... There is a huge difference between the kite contour and the windsurf contour.

I could take another look at the kite vario footstrap but i'm pretty sure they don't have stretch. Webbing does not stretch, urethane does. I will check em out though...
sissybar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Dakine X-lace and NSI proton kite straps and they are way more comfortable, and you can really leverage off them, than any narrower-styled windsurf strap. .02$
whitevan01

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.isthmussailboards.com/Core-Contour-System/productinfo/DK4300-450/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: