myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bic HiFly Universal Joint broken - how do I fix it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregnw44

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very creative !!
Great job... everything makes sense. The oldest boards, had the "screw-the pocket-through-the-board-to-the-other-side". But most 80's board's didn't.
Or, it may have depended on if they were made from Poly or ASA, I can't remember.

In any case... it you don't want a big DIY project... and you just want a perfect original "plug n play" mast-foot. I can send you one for cheap.
In the pics, we just need the inside diameter of the "pocket".
See more details below...

gregnw44 wrote:
Yes I agree, lots of reasonable ideas here to construct a way to attach a modern mastbase to an 80's board.

But if the OP or anyone else wants an excellent condition mast-foot, like the one that came in their old board originally (like the pic, at the beginning of this thread) I have two to choose from.
One is a Nautix brand... and one is a Waylor brand.
There are different diameters... you know the plug-rod-tube, that extends down into the board. And of course, you NEED the right one, cause the wrong one won't work.
But both are in excellent condition. Like new, they've been in bags, stored at room temp, out of the light... all this time.
There is no cracks, or fading, or wear spots that I can see.
Both have "expanding plugs" which expand and contract, just like when they were new.
If youre going to use low tension, basic sails, and sail in the local lake... these mastbases will work fine.
Greg Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: