myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Outta here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR--if you can't tell the difference between hostile comments, irony, and misogyny and bigotry, I can't help you. But I will say, in my opinion when someone abandons any attempt at reasoned criticism and resorts to ad hominem attacks (name calling), they forfeit any claim to be treated kindly.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac- I wasn't looking for help, and I'm fully capable of recognizing those traits. I'm also capable of recognizing, and regretfully participating, in ignorance towards others, and the notable predujices displayed here regularly based upon political persuasion. Now if that might strike a nerve with some, then so be it. Perhaps a moment for introspection for all alike. Some seem to enjoy this "circle jerk" just a little too much, to the point it seems they feel somehow superior.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry RR feeling dense today. This means not liking someone because of their politics?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing, and no different than racism, misogyny, etc.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think about this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whLJEKhdMfc
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not liking someone because of their opinions?
Terrorists sympathizers ? KKK guys? Folks who insulted me in nearly every post? Guys who bad mouth my French wife?

Not liking guys like that is as old as the human race. It may be a stretch to take out a category for political talk and call it special.

I do see a big change from outside. Americans once were noted for love of country.
We elected leaders and followed whoever won for the good of our country.
That seems passé now.
Americans seem to align themselves with a political party instead.
Young Americans have trouble being proud of the policy of invading others.
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree keycocker, most leftists I know hate America, but that's so old it's passe, goes all the way back to Vietnam and beyond.
Recently my wife was driving down the road with one of her far left friends, a huge obama supporter, they passed a house in our neighborhood that always displays a huge American flag, "is that really necessary?" she remarked.
So we say that to each other as a little joke whenever we see a American flag now.
Next you are going to tell me it's people on the right that hate America
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC,
I can say that is not my experience living here, but then we have never been all uber-proud to begin with. I think there is a growing pride in our country. Canadians are starting to get how good we really have it due to our exposure to American media.

I would say that political bigotry is just as real a prejudice as racism is. Every trip I make there it has become more noticeable, from the political comments in the windsurfing shop in OBX, that had my friend and I rolling our eyes, to two men arguing with each other in the hot tub in Florida at 7:00 am, comments and conversations in Baja recently, and the numerous absurd exchanges witness in the most unlikely scenarios and settings vacationing in Florida years passed. Oh ya, and a much of what is displayed on this forum. I'm not directing my comments at you, I actually enjoy your balance, and way of reframing comments to hopefully provoke thought and reflection.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reiner

I disagree. Developing an opinion of someone, based on their political beliefs, is an entirely different deal than discrimination, based on race.

While I can respect someone's right to hold a political belief, I still get to decide if I want to befriend that person, based on a political belief. People choose their politics, not their race.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same with being a woman. This kind of bigotry is based on a fluke of genetics.
Folks choose their opinions and can change them at any time.
It defines who they are.
Being black tells you nothing about a person. If some bigot hates them just over an errant gene. I find that different than disliking the person over their views political or otherwise.

BB up there telling me my opinions again. Contrary to his statements, he does not know a single American leftist who hates their country. He can easily confirm that by simply asking a leftist their opinion, but Talk guys never do that.
Everyone on the lefts opinion has already been transmitted to him on the radio.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: