myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Kiteboarding has been cancelled....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iceratz@comcast.net

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, there once was a time , at many Cape beaches, long before windsurfing and even longer before Kitesurfing was ever invented, that flying a simple kite was not allowed due to the proximity of nesting shore birds.
No science.
No studies.
Just observations that they (birds) don't like the presence of kites, which we can only assume are seen as a threat to them.

I feel that the National Seashore has more than enough room for all to enjoy as well as room for nesting birds.

And I was always surprised that the town of Dennis had changed their position on kite flying in general.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danothemano wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
Can we all agree that poachers are amongst the biggest douche bags on earth????

An expert? Laughing Laughing

Most of the problem is many Jumpy Castlers are part of the younger self-entitled and spoiled generation...

I'd Love If You Came Over And Gave Me Motes.

Dan can you come up with something better than jumpy castles ?
Sounds like something an 11 year old girl would come up with.

30 years ago it was a younger self-entitled and spoiled generation that annoyed the old farts with windsurfing , snowboarding and whole bunch of other new sports. THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
danothemano

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: that's just like your opinion man... Reply with quote

Hey the BAN and FUTURE BAN(s) made the AP this week...but nobody cared.... Smile

http://www.pressherald.com/2014/07/27/kiteboarders-object-to-sports-ban-on-cape-cod/

"Seasoned kiteboarders complain they are being punished for the actions of a few irresponsible enthusiasts. They also say their sport is being unfairly singled out, noting that sailing and other wind-based water activities are still allowed." ( nice try...FAIL )

Jean Dunoyer, founder of MassKiting.com, a local kiteboarder community page, says he and others have asked Price to consider placing restrictions on where kiteboarders can land, launch and sail rather than an outright ban. Price has so far declined the requests."

The Price is Right.

Laughing

RE: "Can you come up with something better than jumpy castles ?
Sounds like something an 11 year old girl would come up with."

Not my term, ( Outcast? ) but it fits very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
outcast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't misinterpret....I was referring to the real Jumpy Castles....not a euphamism for kiters. Those things are noisy and germ-infested
fox

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: that's just like your opinion man... Reply with quote

danothemano wrote:
Hey the BAN and FUTURE BAN(s) made the AP this week...but nobody cared.... Smile

it is a slippery slope, you will see...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: