myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Road trip misc ramblings and rants & raves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Road trip misc ramblings and rants & raves Reply with quote

the OBX AWT THIS YEAR HAD great conditions. Rain at the end of the week was The norm for 4 + days. East and ENE WINDS for most of the week.

Sailing in Maine was poor this year, my little sailboat saved the day with a new homemade jib. Got skunked in New Brunswick.

Trip included 17 states and Canada, New Brunswick. The worse drivers were in Massachusetts, North Carolina next, on Sunday everyone must watch NASCAR the day before and try to qualify, that or late for Church. This applies in NC and elsewhere, iam told Rhode Island drivers are worse yet, didn't travel there.
Toll roads were $1.10 and up, one bridge was $15,
Reading a sign on one stretch it said $3, the attendant informed me because it was a weekend it's double, I still find it incredulous. Gas in Virgina at only one station was $1.77.....compared to home COLORADO of $2.42, most of Kansas was right around $2.
No face to face in counters with police, the Ferrari once again disguised as a Chrysler Town & Country mini van.

I find that of all the states Kansas is most noteworthy, I70, 424 miles, of pretty much straight boring road. Of particular note however are the road side attractions, the Muesum that houses the 5 legged Cow, worlds largest prairie dog and a 2 headed rattlesnake.
The other sections of I70 all have significant Muesum quality ..ummm. ..artifacts. The stone fence Muesum, that charges to view what you HAVE BEEN Looking at for free for 250miles, the Prarie VS the High Plains Muesum s
Which must be lower or higher,Fossel , Antique Motorcycle, Train, Geo.Armstrong Custer Calavery, the ORPHAN TRAIN MUESUM, the thimble Muesum, which also doubles as a Historical place, the thimbles are in a all wood 2 hole outhouse that if your not shy is funcuntional , also told by reliable source that 2 headed rattlesnakes are endangered, so very rare.

The highlight of course is the WIZARD OF OZ MUESUM, new additions include A drone/quad copter in the form of a FLYING MONKEY. They are quite fast and can overtake most vehicles, as they approach they gaze menasingly into the windows, and hold a sign saying exit now for OZ, SHAKING my head no, he shot me the finger and latched on a small SUV with baby on board sign.

Hopefully the new Hurricane will turn North to see and leave the East Coast intact.

No testing of new board creations which ANDY of WIND-NC calls FRAKENBOARDS, short for Frankenstein. Still working on this years Quad.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: