myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Roosevelt Windsurfers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhalver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Roosevelt Windsurfers Reply with quote

I kite at Rosie and always bring my red waverunner to help anyone in need of help, kiter or windsurfer.

I want to try to make a Lifesled for the waverunner and would like to cut up an old windsurfing board to do it.

Do any of you have an old board that is 30" to 36" in width that you would be willing to donate to me for this project?

If so, you can contact me at rick@USKiteboarderAssociation.com or call me at 509-734-8014. I can pick up the board at Roosevelt.

Thanks.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While free is nice, how well will that work in any amount of chop or swell? You might broaden your search to include something with sides, such as an inflatable, a very small boat hull minus the transom, ... surely someone has something like that gathering mold and cobwebs somewhere.

I envision a towed rigid board side-slapping or even just bouncing its way across the river, its passenger long gone, even at very modest speeds. A quick trial of the idea in rough water, including rider and gear, should quickly indicate how well it would work. Strength, presence of mind, hypothermia, wind, swell, tow rope length, and other factors may be important in many circumstances. We've rescued many people out east (the river's wider than the kiddie pool near Hood River) who were essentially dead weight, incapable of hanging onto a board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: