myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Ban the Forum?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeconicPuffin wrote:
isobars wrote:
bse wrote:
Of course if they have the right to be abrasive, I also have the right to tell them so...

... as long as you can back up your accusations. Otherwise it's just the same ol' libel.

No, that's not true at all. Anyone has the right to tell someone else they are abrasive, and they need not back it up for it to not be libel. The libel needs to be proved, not the statement.

"Abrasive", yes, as that's in the eye of the beholder. But "putting me down" as bse claimed? Nope ... that's a false personal attack, as it implies willful egregious behavior on the part of the poster. Besides, this is a cracker barrel, not a court of law.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
I don't understand the complaining about the forums. NOBODY makes anybody read anybody else's messages. Feel free to ignore anybody's post that you don't agree with. At least I hope nobody is forced to read some of these posts. That very well could be considered torture..... Laughing

Sounds appropriate. What's our common bond if it isn't waterboarding?
Darbonne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On other forums that I frequent there is an ignore poster feature. This forum needs that feature.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbonne wrote:
On other forums that I frequent there is an ignore poster feature. This forum needs that feature.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbonne wrote:

Yup. Big Brother is our only hope. God forbid we should do something for ourselves.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U2U2U2 wrote:

LUV it!
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore feature.... why receive all the points of view when you can just stick you head under the sand?
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zirtaeb wrote:
Ignore feature.... why receive all the points of view when you can just stick you head under the sand?

OTOH, we GOTTA filter out some of the noise in our lives, and it makes sense to start with the extremes on both sides. Just as I ignore stupid, uninformed anti-war/anarchist/PETA/race-baiting demonstrators, Peter Schiff, biblethumpers, and Paul Krugman, I (usually) ignore >30 of the lowest amoral/immoral common denominators here. Sure, I miss some occasional useful comments from a small segment of them, but overall my ROI skyrockets when my shields are up so they're lowered only under certain circumstances.

Anyone who's bothered more by verbosity and by ideas different from his own than by false personal attacks injecting e coli into so many threads has every right to ignore me or challenge me earnestly and honestly. But that doesn't give him the right to deny others access to my posts, right or wrong. Each of us has every right to stick his own head in the sand, but not to drag others into the sandpit with them. Ignorance should be optional, not imposed.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're into the third page of this thread already, and what's the individual post count? Ironically, that tells the real story about what's going on.
Darbonne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a suggestion. I haven't been here all that long, and I don't have any enemies here (that I know of) Probably shouldn't even be getting into this. It detracts from the site and windsurfing in general when simple posts about windsurfing spiral into personality flame wars. It is one of my least favorite parts of this forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: