myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Ban the Forum?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chophop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The basic idea of free speech is everyone has the right to speak and voice his opinion thoughts or whatever. A forum is a public space where free speech is exercised. If you don't like what someone has to say don't waste your time reading his posts. But he should not be censored or silenced just because he is verbose or annoying. Very Happy
Darbonne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://youtu.be/1sONfxPCTU0

It's worth a try.
konajoe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good training for how to figure out when the advice you're getting at your local sailing spot is good or bad. But it's probably alot easier to deal with the folks giving out the bad advice on this forum. Those local 'bad advice givers' will hit you up on why you didn't follow their advice.
spennie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Carlin used to say (about people complaining about TV content):"There's two knobs on your television set!", meaning you can change the channel or turn it off if it bothers you so much. I would suggest the same for complainers here.
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say what you please, that's what the forum is for. There is tons of good advice and I suspect that any newby can filter out the "not so good advice" after reading a complete thread. Remember, there frequently isn't one correct answer, but many variations based upon experience, location, personal opinion, type of sailing, gear, etc.

If the "BS" is overdone, just move on to the next post. I personally read the good and the bad, just for entertainment value. Sometimes on the political forum, the "preaching" is way overdone and I just skip some posts because of the repetitive nature and length of the post. K.I.S.S. works wonders.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Ban the Forum? Reply with quote

anecak wrote:
Does anybody get weary of the same know-it-all nimrods posting answers to any and every discussion subject that comes across the forum, as if they know the answer to everything? They obviously have way too much time on their hands. Just curious.

I can see myself being put into the know it all , I prefer self reassured Besserwisser;
to Nimrod which is a British aircraft.

I dont answer each query, obviously some are far too complicated for someone like me, OR, too simplistic , and of course sometimes the correct answer is
" I dont KNOW " so why bother the rest of the world.

OTOH there are indeed some really clever, out of the box thinkers on here, that mostly get unnoticed , the advise I have gleaned in regard to finbox construction // conversion and board construction is unequaled
on any forum. So OOTOH , I have come see that that all is not so copacetic in Camelot, and it takes awhile to decipher the Posers from those that like to contribute to discussions they actually have some first hand knowledge.

When certain posters present , what I consider a line, ok a line of crap, I do a mind erase, and go to next post. These buffoons do IMO degrade others thoughtful reply's, so piss off with them

To explain their continued posting when its obvious they are lost, and could not find their ass if sitting on both hands is far beyond my comprehension.

If they were so brilliant and well informed & half the sailor they think they are ...' surely they would work, be A Contract Team rider, PWA signature , or at least ride for a shop.

Your the OP point is very well taken, in this case, filter out the naysayers, BS ers , knowitalls who without factual basis, have bottom feeder attributes.

What say you..........!!??&&**

Do you ever notice who is looking at the forum, and see IDs that you have never seen post, like post anything........ are these the silent majority ?

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bse wrote:
Of course if they have the right to be abrasive, I also have the right to tell them so...

... as long as you can back up your accusations. Otherwise it's just the same ol' libel.
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
bse wrote:
Of course if they have the right to be abrasive, I also have the right to tell them so...

... as long as you can back up your accusations. Otherwise it's just the same ol' libel.

No, that's not true at all. Anyone has the right to tell someone else they are abrasive, and they need not back it up for it to not be libel. The libel needs to be proved, not the statement.

johnl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the complaining about the forums. NOBODY makes anybody read anybody else's messages. Feel free to ignore anybody's post that you don't agree with. At least I hope nobody is forced to read some of these posts. That very well could be considered torture..... Laughing
westender

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But when we all get on here and give an opinion, we're doing exactly what you dislike. Aren't we?

I really can't answer the OP question because I only read a fraction of the topics on 2 or 3 of the forums. I am addicted to reading and learning about things on the Internets tho.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: