myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Rogue Wave vent screw size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitevan01

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Rogue Wave vent screw size Reply with quote

HI,
I have a custom Rogue Wave sailboard from a few years ago. Over the winter, I seem to have lost the vent screw.

Does anybody know what size screw Lee used in these boards? It's quite a bit smaller than the standard vent screw you see on production boards.

I thought I'd ask here rather than go out and buy a bunch of screws and see which one fits.

thanks. and oh, btw, I was going to email him but since his shop his closed "forever" I'm not sure if he'd get the email.

thanks.Please only answer if you actually know the answer to this question. thanks again.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Rogue Wave came with 10-32 (3/16" diameter, 32 threads per inch) X 1/2" (threaded portion) round head (panhead would work) machine screw + cork washer. (Tip: this is the first time I've ever removed the screw from the board).

I hope you're as impressed as I am with these boards. I told Lee (RW owner/shaper) this board is the Holy Grail ... the first board I've ever had that seems to bend around the corners under heavy g loads to achieve greater rocker right when I wanted to turn the hardest. (No, it's not flex; this was Lee's personal, rock-solid carbon board.)

Mike \m/
spennie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISOBARS: "Seems to bend....to achieve greater rocker" is what I did with my winger. Note that the 1 1/2" wide wings have a much greater rocker than the main outline, effectively changing the rocker when on edge in a turn. I've finally sailed "Blaze" BAF, and she turns like a dream!

Sorry to hijack the thread, wanted to show this to ISOBARS.

blaze edge.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.39 KB
 Viewed:  8481 Time(s)

blaze edge.jpg

isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it great when an expensive gamble pays off? You could have been disappointed, as many customers are after imposing shapes on any shaper.
whitevan01

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iso, thanks for the vent screw info. I actually found mine. You know, put it somewhere safe so it doesn't get lost, and then forget where that place is.

Anyway, I agree, I love my RW. I call it my "magic board". Sailed it today in fact. It is awesome!!
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have many things very carefully stored in places I can't find. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: