myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
rigging advice - naish force
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrFish

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
Another mast you could try is Powerex. I use Powerex SDM for my Naish Sprints for a perfect match but I've never tried a Powerex RDM on my Forces.

As a footnote, a brand new Mauisails mast might work. As I understand it they converted their 2014 line to CC bend.

Coachg

So they say, but they also say their new mast will work with their old sails and vice versa, so um...how does that work again ?
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've gottn quite a bit of flack for sharing my views about SDM vs RDM. sadly, they were just observations.

they least expensive way to make the naish force not be so gutless on the existing mast is to use less down haul.

on a day when the forecast draws people out and the wind is either late to the party or leaves early, ask some others to try their masts. everyone is there already. might as well learn something, right?

powerx and the most recent epic, gun, and np masts are the bend curves that will match naish's.

if the leading edge is really flat and the draft is waft, the mast is too soft down low.

yes, proprietary masts for the sake of short term up sales at the expense of complicating our sport is yet another example of the stupid of our industry.

http://www.epicgearusa.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: