myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Iraq 2.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

4. I missed the constructive suggestions from you and mrgybe

I have offered several strategies. Democracy for Iraq was the first strategy, a different approach than had been used before but the roll out was not successful for various reasons, sort of like obamacare.
My solution is to bomb them if they look at us sideways.
That and a return to the 1980's strategy of arming both sides and letting them kill each other, keeping parity on both sides so as to prolong the war. This is apparently what obama is doing and I support him and the democrats with this strategy. What more do you want from me?
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help us make this list of dead children from the wars you are cheering.
You support their deaths because they are Muslim children.

Don't like the opinion I assigned to you.?
Neither do those whose opinions you are providing.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beagle is not so much a buddy. "Bomb them if they look sideways"? Bomb who?
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

5. You are wrong on oil independence and the Democrats. The cheapest way to increase supplies is conservation, particularly better insulation.

That is your solution to energy independence? insulation?
This whole idea that we will help our energy problem with conservation is flawed.
For instance people have a certain budget for gasoline, the people in hybrids use the same amount of fuel as people with big trucks and SUV's because the hybrid driver will not think twice about just running down to the store or just going for a "drive" because hey, it's hybrid! while the big truck owner will consolidate his trips and not use the vehicle unless necessary. In the end they use the same amount of fuel.
Same with homes, people have a budget, when people live in energy inefficient, drafty homes the thermostat is kept low in the winter and the AC is used sparingly in the summer but when people have a new airtight home that thermostat is cranked in the winter and the AC is blasting all summer. In the end the amount of fuel used is similar.
But of course what you are talking about is forcing everyone into tiny dangerous obomacars and allowing the utilities to have control over our thermostats (already happening) and yet another wasteful, inefficient, bloated, crony laden government program to insulate, caulk and weatherstrip "poor" (i.e. minority group they need votes from) people's homes they probably don't even own.
But the overlooked fact is when you start making homes airtight you open up another whole can of worms with indoor air pollution and moisture damage. Old homes weren't meant to be airtight and that moisture has to get out somehow, it ends up trapped inside walls, rot, mold etc..
J64TWB

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My house was built in 1904. No insulation whatsoever. Stucco exterior, 5 inches of air and plaster interior walls. The worst of the worst as far as insulation. Concrete, air and concrete. Winters can get 20 below here. After retrofitting with foam in walls (imperfectly), gas bill was reduced more than 50%. ROI is over and it's been only 6 years.

I ticked 70mpg in my wife's Prius C.

Conservation is flawed? Tell me more.
windoggie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're nuts beagle
jpbassman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
You're nuts beagle

From one dog to another?
J64TWB

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, Almost ALL older homes and buildings in Chicago are without any insulation, even today. Back then, oil was basically free, so no one insulated.

Conservation is a huge job creator here in retro fitting and rehab, not to mention the savings in results.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB--your high school now makes the list that must be closed. You can't seem to read. First--now try to read this. Go very slowly--I belittled the idea that the Bushies were brave, not democracy. They were foolish and unprepared--like you. There is a difference between foolhardy and brave. They even make really stupid movies called Jackass about the difference. The idea that the Bushies had a plan is simply wrong--but then you don't appear to have read any histories of the Iraq war. Perhaps they had a fantasy...

Second, you are making stuff up again and assigning it to others. California has a building code, Title 24, that requires conservation. About half of the energy use is in buildings. Check out the per capita consumption of energy in Texas--where they practice non-regulation--and California. http://energyalmanac.ca.gov/electricity/us_per_capita_electricity-2010.html
I realize this is just electricity, but it makes the point. California--6721 kwh/capita, Texas, 14,179. The benefit to cost ratio of insulation in buildings is off the charts. You wouldn't know that--you're foolish and unprepared, and you can't read someone else's posts.

Third, I probably have forgotten more about auto safety than you'll ever know. I survived a car crash that killed two. I'm alive because of safety regulations. Modern small cars are safer, dramatically so, because of the Federal government's requirements. I am a beneficiary of that regulation. Your claim "tiny dangerous obomacars" is wrong. You are, again, foolish and unprepared. Modern cars, of whatever size, have cage construction. I can windsurf, despite a collision speed of 120 miles. Without regulation my wife and I would have died. I have utter contempt for those of you who fight such regulation. You have no clue.

I could go on, but why--you can't seem to read. What school was it you attended? We want to see if everyone else that went there can actually read.
windoggie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
windoggie wrote:
You're nuts beagle

From one dog to another?
How many times do I have to tell you people I'm not really a dog!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 21 of 24

Jump to: