myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windmills at Sherman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vbr1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apologize for what ? That is my opinion and I am allowed it

like I said previously
chill out and stop patting yourself on the back
you are not always right but you do provide a good service
at least someone with a clue is trying
LUCARO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can a statement that is proven incorrect still be considered an opinion?
vbr1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see now what has all your panties tied up in knots

I should have corrected myself from saying "ZERO" to "OCCASIONAL"
fxop

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In one of my infrequent visits to Larkspur I was standing by the side of the road debating whether it would blow or not with another windsurfer. He was friendly enough but clearly didn't agree with my analysis. I introduced myself, found out I was talking to Mike Godsey, and had the good sense to shut up.

He was right, BTW.
gerritt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From his 14 total posts and demonstrated lack of humility when shown to be wrong, I'm of the opinion vbr1 is an OCCASIONAL douche.
trey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I too remember those early days when we sailed Glass Beach because we didn't know any better. Then we moved to Powerlines and by that time parking became a problem. Now we are moving again down to Rio Vento and The Access and parking again will become a problem. Time and tide waits for no man... By the way Mike, thanks for your YEARS of valuable observations and sharing your scientific insights. I finished my doctorate and gained my own hard-won experience . Some people just don't understand who you are in academia and in windsurfing. I do. Thanks again. I wait expectantly for your analysis. Trey(aka LA Schwartz DVM)
beallmd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can interrupt this lovefest between F Godsey and March 2013, I'd like to address a common misperception by humans. That's that it used to be windier, or in skiing; more snow/powder etc. You'll hear folks like my relatives in PA say there used to be much more snow in the winter; then they had THIS WINTER! We tend not to remember accurately to say the least! It's easy, all too easy, to believe that in the past it blew 20 to 25 knots just about every day; it did not, but somehow we remember it that way. Going back to snowfall, if you look at a long term graph of snowfall in the sierra, where we are experiencing a hell of a drought, you will see NO TREND downward in snowfall but a very jagged line showing times of much precip and times of drought including extended droughts like we are having and had in the late seventies. It really hasn't changed but you will hear folks say that. Same with windsurfing. I doubt there has been a change in the overall wind but local effects like wind turbines and buildings at Coyote Point or extended runways at SFO can have very serious effects. Mostly what has happened at Rio is that it is no longer crowded like it was, so that now we actually don't need alternative sites and can focus on the best sites.
beallmd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the graph;

sierra.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.94 KB
 Viewed:  14211 Time(s)

sierra.png

dabull1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Bad vbr... Reply with quote

gerritt wrote:
From his 14 total posts and demonstrated lack of humility when shown to be wrong, I'm of the opinion vbr1 is an OCCASIONAL douche.
Touche! vbr1 be a douche! We love ya Mike. Thanks for sharing that Grateful Fred's video with us. vbr1 might of been one those bonehead kids kung fu fighting to the music. And I will apologize, in advance, to vbr1, if I am wrong! Bull PS Welcome back Trey, BEST DVM in LA!!! Go to secoswind.com and join the KIDS!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike...we love your passion....keep rolling brah. EPIC smackdown of Mr Negative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: