myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
East Coast Windsurfing Festival Long Island is on!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WaterKook

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I make a smaller trophy just for Dani? Laughing
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterKook wrote:
Should I make a smaller trophy just for Dani? Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

RickCronk wrote:
Back in the Tudor-mistral race series some races with enough entrants had lightweight and heavy weight classes in the limited division.

Weight classes are one attempt to even things out. But with 2 classes, you can still have a big advantage if you're just above the cutoff for the higher class, or way below in the lower class. I really like the Kona One approach, with sail sizes based on body weight - from 6.6 to 9.8. I only raced the Kona once, at the Kashy/WET spring regatta, but it seemed that the sail sizes really compensated nicely for different weights.
mewindsurf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ECWF is all about fun through simple competition that everyone can enjoy. Most guys racing dont have sails bigger than 6.0 wave gear. I was able to keep pace with Dani at the ECWF in Cape Cod on a SUP (half the fleet will also not have a daggerboard). Not to mention that Jerry smoked us both race after race carrying his dog on board on a SUP. It's all good fun. If there is wind, sail size wont matter. It's all about who can tack and plane through a jibe. There will be at least a few downwind legs.To keep thing interesting. Those big sails and giant board sure take a log time to turn around Smile

Now here is the one possible rule change and I'll put it out there. No boards with daggerboards in the 7.5 limmited class. Let me know who thinks what. It might be a little late, but thoughts are more than welcome.

Mike
pierrec45

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Camping at ECWF Reply with quote

Hello the web site says no camping, closed. Is it still the case really? What other cheap accommo can I get over there ?
pete1111

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mewindsurf wrote:
The ECWF is all about fun through simple competition that everyone can enjoy. Most guys racing dont have sails bigger than 6.0 wave gear. I was able to keep pace with Dani at the ECWF in Cape Cod on a SUP (half the fleet will also not have a daggerboard). Not to mention that Jerry smoked us both race after race carrying his dog on board on a SUP. It's all good fun. If there is wind, sail size wont matter. It's all about who can tack and plane through a jibe. There will be at least a few downwind legs.To keep thing interesting. Those big sails and giant board sure take a log time to turn around Smile

Now here is the one possible rule change and I'll put it out there. No boards with daggerboards in the 7.5 limmited class. Let me know who thinks what. It might be a little late, but thoughts are more than welcome.

Mike

you're gonna catch a lot of $%^&* for that
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pete1111 wrote:
you're gonna catch a lot of $%^&* for that
+1

There are quite a few windsurfers I know who bought used or new boards specifically to compete in the 7.5 division at the ECWF. Not all of the sailors are light weights Smile, but the boards have dagger boards.

But I'm sure Mike is just pulling our legs here. We all know that winning is not important to him, right?

As for Jerry beating everyone on a SUP with Amy on board: I think that falls into the same category as rumors that Jerry has been practicing loops on a SUP with Amy while smiling into the Clew-View mounted GoPro. Not that I am saying Jerry could not do it. I know parts of it have happened, but I don't think everything together has happened yet.
whitevan01

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mewindsurf wrote:

Mike

I think alot of people would drop out. Do you know how many people spent lots of money and time finding and buying boards with daggerboards specifically for the ECWF? I think there are more "serious" racers than you think.

Bad idea. Hope it is just a joke.
WaterKook

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one has your name on it?

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.46 MB
 Viewed:  12434 Time(s)

image.jpg

pete1111

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterKook wrote:
Which one has your name on it?

1st
mewindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Jerry!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: