myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
East Coast Windsurfing Festival Long Island is on!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitevan01

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just looking at the really cool aerial videos from ECWF-CC last fall, and if Dani is the one outfront, then he has a Phantom 380, not Phantom 320. There is a big difference between those two boards.

btw, Kurt has a similar build to Dani.
whitevan01

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pete1111"]
whitevan01 wrote:
phantom 320 or phantom 377/380?
well he was looking to sell it ,maybe we have to buy it off of him the day of the race. Very Happy

Yes, I've been thinking about doing just that.

btw, Pete, if you want to do unlimited class, the 10.0, 520 mast and large boom may be available for your use. Let me know.
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that I practiced long board racing the last two weekends with Dani and tried his gear, I am rather sure that his Phantom is a 320. The board seemed about 2 feet shorter than the 3 other boards we had on the beach. Then there are the numbers on the board...

Dani finished second last year in the 7.5 division at the ECWF-CC. He was on his Mistral then, and did not have it dialed in yet. He also used his KA Koncept 7.5, which is not nearly as good for light wind as two freerace sails he has. Dani got a lot faster once he switched to the freerace sail and got his boards dialed in.

The one out front in the video is Gonzalo on an F2 in the open division. He got a bullet in every single race, leaving a few other serious racers in the dust (including Pete, who used his D2 for some races and his Cat for others, I think). Gonzalo got style points for rail riding towards the finish line, and then using the same board and sail to compete in freestyle. A bit of an overachiever, I dare say Wink.
whitevan01

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thanks.
pete1111

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping for planing condition 15-20, this will take away the advantage to the light weight sailors.
The F2 lightning race is one of the fastest board ever made . The D2 has it's limitations but can be fast in the right conditions and I still have to learn how to jibe that beast
Laughing
angulo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete, send us a forecast update couple days before event please
pete1111

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angulo wrote:
Pete, send us a forecast update couple days before event please

you got it
mewindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more week to go for the East Coast Windsurfing Festival Long Island June 14th and 15th. This year promises to be better than ever! Tons of people pre-registered (if you keep pushing it off, sign up already!) And with even more raffle prizes from Northsails, Fanatic, Nolimitz, Chinook and Makani fins than I can ever remember. Go to the event site below to pre-register. You don't pay the $20.00 entrance fee until race day.

www.ecwindfest.com
www.ecwindfest.org

See you at the beach,

Mike
pierrec45

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: where to stay ? Reply with quote

the page doesn't show anything on my browser.
RickCronk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boardsurfr wrote:
whitevan01 wrote:
phantom 320 or phantom 377/380?
I don't think either of them will have a chance if Kurt V. sails his Phantom 380 if Dani has a Phantom 320.

Depends on Kurt's weight. Dani is about 130 lb of pure muscle. Hard to beat for regular guys who weigh 50% more if everyone uses a 7.5. I was able to keep him at bay for a while, but now that he's learned how to really use his toys, I don't have a chance. But the D2's seemed out of reach for everyone two years ago.

Back in the Tudor-mistral race series some races with enough entrants had lightweight and heavy weight classes in the limited division. At 130 lbs Dani has a huge advantage over his fleet in the usually light winds that most races end up having to endure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: