myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Epic masts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Epic masts? Reply with quote

I see allot of these mast for sale on Ebay, 100% carbon and made in Italy. Has anyone used one of these and know what the bend characteristics are? I have a mixture of ezzys, naish and maui sails, so wondering which sail it will fit better. Thanks
Windnc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Epic Masts Reply with quote

I have had an Epic 100% Carbon 460 RDM mast since 2005 and it is still in great shape. I use it on a regular basis with my Aerotech Phantom 6.8 and 7.5 sails for light wind wave and Wind-SUP wave/ocean sailing and it has been an excellent mast for these sails.

I did apply a singly ply wrap of 2.5 ounce/sq.yd bi-directional kevlar cloth w/epoxy resin around the mast boom attachement area back in 2006. This is very similar to the kevlar wrap you see on the Powerex RDM wavemasts. It has worked very well to protect the mast from wear/tear on the outer carbon plys from the boom over the years.

As for Naish, Ezzy or Maui Sails though I don't know if the Epic mast would be a good fit or not.

Good luck,

Chuck
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you that the company selling those masts, (Progressive Sports) is a stand up group. I've done a lot of business with them and they've always honored warranty or shipping issues immediately
UncleRandy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a 2006 epic 520 used it with a 10.5 ezzy. Broke after about 6 month's of normal use!!! No more epic mast for me.
outhaul

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I can tell you that the company selling those masts, (Progressive Sports) is a stand up group. I've done a lot of business with them and they've always honored warranty or shipping issues immediately

I can also say from personal experience that Sandy Point Progressive Sports stands behind the products they sell, in my case a big ticket item but not an Epic mast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: