myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
rec.windsurfing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edscott wrote:
I don't remember the OT posts specifically, but I think they got political. I also don't remember any libel being spouted, but I do remember nlwtfw getting called out on several issues including, but not limited to: 1) his view of the nazi state of California; 2) being the last hoele to sail (and piss on) Spreckelsville beach; 3) how you can't sail the Oregon coast because the sun's always in your eyes; and 4) how gorge swell is exactly the same as ocean waves. I do remember Wardog commenting on a few of those gems, but like I said, he embarrassed hisself in his own right.

1. So I'm not entitled to my opinions of nanny states, based on several first-hand experiences there?

2. Never said or did either. You guys REALLY need to stop believing anything, let alone everything, the isobash cult says. Just yesterday a bud asked me just how some misstep on my board injured my knee so badly and what led to some fistfight (?) I had on the beach. When I asked him what on earth he was talking about, he said, "That's what I heard online and here". Both were total fabrications.

3 . 100% true in normal conditions on the northern coast, such as at Agate Beach, as explained in detail.

4. Never said anything remotely like that. See #2.

I could cut and paste something like 10,000 (simple math at more than one every day for two decades) libelous statements made by others about me and other conservatives in r.w and on iW. If they impacted my income, I'd be a very wealthy man now at their expense.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't be long before this thread makes a move to the other side of the forum.
SAS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to reply to the guy who wants to know who nlwtfw was. He is Mike Fick and he now goes by isobars. I give him credit for his passion about windsurfing and that he is open about who he is and doesn't hide behind some internet name and avatar.

However, I stopped following rec.windsurfing years ago because it was taken over by folks filling it with political topics. The worst in my memory were Mike, who argued strong conservative viewpoints, and a guy named Warren (I don't know his last name) who called himself Wardog and ran a company called surfingsports.com (I just checked out their website and they still exist but are now all about SUP). Warren argued a liberal viewpoint. They went back and forth with a fair amount of mudslinging.

I left because I wanted to read, discuss, and learn about windsurfing and instead got hammered with opinions on the Iraq war, George W. Bush, environmental regulations, guns, etc. If I wanted to argue these issues, I'd go to a political board, not a windsurfing board. I stopped going to rec.windsurfing while both Mike and Warren were active on it, and don't know what happened later, but I suspect their antics led others like me to abandon the group.

I for one hope the same doesn't happen here.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sasussman wrote:
They went back and forth with a fair amount of mudslinging. I suspect their antics led others like me to abandon the group

I for one hope the same doesn't happen here.

I left/leave the mudslinging (false personal attacks) to others, with Wardog leading the charge back then and others taking his place here and now. You'll notice that such off-topic political threads are almost always initiated by that crowd.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: