myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
CGWA Purchases Swell City!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jota

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume they'll still charge . . . but all the same, I wonder if some new folks will go to Swell because of this?

They're kind of a tight-knit group there, with a certain . . . maturity, let's say . . . and probably not too keen on any perceived disruptions to their accustomed routine . . .

(Of course, the same could be said of me - I'm just not a SC guy.)
westender

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people are attracted to SC because of the new Landlord and aren't familiar with things there, I would suggest paying extra attention to traffic and driving when you're coming or going, Please!
starfish

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opening a can of worms. I would like to see some kind of short term parking at swell Most people get there early and stay all day. I am guessing they sail 2-3 hours in a 8 hour day.
So people like me who want to sail on their lunch can not find a parking spot.
I probably sail ten days a summer in the hatch/cheap/swell area. Most of my sailing is after work at Rowena. So paying 500 dollars for access to the billion dollar beach is not good option.
Ok waiting for the replys.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK: How does that accommodate folks who sail all day, with only brief breaks for food and rerigging? Who's going to play God and decree who's squatting and who's sailing?
starfish

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. Most people hang out more then they sail in my opinion. Now Isobored go get a life.
kmf

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the real problem, Starfish, is that you get to a popular crowded site in the middle of a windy day during tourist season and you expect the rest of us to go home until after your lunch break is over......Yea that will work...Rolling Eyes

Last year there were many windy days that swell wasn't parked out. I guess you didn't look then.
starfish

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting the responses I expected. LOL
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's extremely cool that the CGWA bought Swell City. Heck, if I'd
have known it would go for such a price, I probably would have bought it.
But it's a good thing for you all that didn't happen ;*)

I also think a few 2 hour park spots could be cool, something on the outside, so that you could charge like a $10 fee, and keep the rotation
fairly brisk. The CGWA could clean up (monetarily), and improve the Blackberry beach launch with the proceeds (yeh, I know Blackberry belongs to Cascade Locks).

-Craig

starfish wrote:
Opening a can of worms. I would like to see some kind of short term parking at swell Most people get there early and stay all day. I am guessing they sail 2-3 hours in a 8 hour day.
So people like me who want to sail on their lunch can not find a parking spot.
I probably sail ten days a summer in the hatch/cheap/swell area. Most of my sailing is after work at Rowena. So paying 500 dollars for access to the billion dollar beach is not good option.
Ok waiting for the replys.
starfish

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the positive input. I was thinking a short term parking with a deposit. You pay the normal launch fee plus a 20 deposit. If you leave with in the allotted time you would get your deposit back. If you continually went over the time you would be publicly beaten. Ok only kidding about the beating part. Some constructive replies please.
westender

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swell City is no different than some other places. Lots of break takers, lots of people waiting for the wind to get good. Some people park a car to reserve their spot and come back when it's time to sail.

Many have the summer off or are retired and can spend the day at the river with their buddies. Must be nice.

It is frustrating when you know you could be getting good rides, it's parked out and only 10 people sailing. Not everyone is a hero or wants to take a beating on the water ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: