myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
More anecdotal evidence
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absurd, a WAY out of order!

But no matter, I'm out of here also!
rigitrite

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
rigitrite wrote:
I pity the poor souls who are forced to interact with you as part of their day. What joyless funk you must drag around with you everywhere you go.

Says the one repeatedly telling others they must stop posting to this thread.

I never told anyone they must stop posting here. You should have the doctor adjust your Alzheimer's meds.

I think most of us posting here are like me: still completely stoked on windsurfing, but not understanding where the hell everyone else is?!?!? It's just not as much fun to sail alone, so....thank god for the kiters, or I'd be sailing alone just about every session! I hope someday to sail with the mighty Puffin; maybe next time I drive back east to visit my cousin.

isobars

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rigitrite wrote:
I never told anyone they must stop posting here.

You, not I, said it:
Wow, this thread cannot be killed by any method known to man...…

Yes, as its creator, this thread has my permission to die.

My God......what have I done???
mogunn

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rigitrite, Mr. Fick has misrepresented your post. That fact is not lost on anyone who can read.
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One evening, a man was sitting in his livingroom watching TV. He heard the doorbell ring and upon opening the door, he saw nothing. As he closed the door, he looked down to see a snail on the welcome mat. He picked it up and threw it as far as he could into the middle of the street. A week later, while watching TV, he heard the doorbell ring. He opened the door to find no one there...as he closed the door he looked down and saw a snail. The snail looked up at him and said, "what the fuck was that all about?"
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rigitrite wrote:
I hope someday to sail with the mighty Puffin; maybe next time I drive back east to visit my cousin.

Let me know when you're coming! And hey, I am the guy saying nobody should post here. Me me me.

Windoggie: excellent coda!

DanWeiss

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short of being "plonked" down into an alternative part of our multiverse, we will never again see our sport as the new kid on the block. We will never again experience a worldwide explosion of new windsurfers as seen in the late 1970s and early 1980s for reasons that hardly need explaining. That said,

Tens of thousands of kids have learned to windsurf since 2000, and many of those continue to sail on windsurfers today. Some have dropped windsurfing for kiting, some simply have other priorities and others cannot afford it. The Techno 293 One Design is one of the largest one-design fleets worldwide of any kind. Perhaps only the original Windsurfer One design and Sunfish can brag about greater numbers overall -but neither of these fleets command such a worldwide following over the last 15 years.

Another shout-out goes to Kona One, with well over ONE HUNDRED percent increase class events compared to last year (62 to 130+). Explore the worldwide schedule of events and especially note the 2014 Kona One World Championship occurring in the USA this fall, October 31-November 5 at the Guy Harvey Islander Resort, Islamorada, Florida

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: