myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Koch in his own words
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cleantechnica.com/2014/09/30/cheng-kin-ming-golden-age-of-green-cities/

Koch Brothers Step Aside: The $20 Billion Man Is In Town

Quote:
September 30th, 2014 by Tina Casey

Weren’t we just saying that money talks? A new “green cities” plan to install 50 gigawatts of renewable energy over the next ten years is in the works, courtesy of a man who at a cool $20 billion is estimated to be the largest single private investor in solar companies worldwide. That would be Cheng Kin Ming, founder and chairman of the Hong Kong firm Asia Pacific Resources Development Investment (APRD).

If you never heard of Mr. Cheng before well neither have we, so while he’s on a whirlwind tour of the US promoting his Age of Green Cities vision we’ll try to catch up with him. From what we’ve seen so far, our favorite fossil fuel stakeholders (that would be the Koch brothers) are going to have some new worries on their hands.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/inside-the-koch-brothers-toxic-empire-20140924?page=2
Quote:
Together, Charles and David Koch control one of the world's largest fortunes, which they are using to buy up our political system. But what they don't want you to know is how they made all that money

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/09/30/1333457/-Kochs-brothers-freak-out-in-response-to-Rolling-Stone-expose?detail=email#

TUE SEP 30, 2014 AT 03:06 PM PDT
Koch brothers freak out in response to Rolling Stone expose

Quote:
Tim Dickinson's fantastic expose of the Koch brothers in the latest issue of Rolling Stone has gotten plenty of attention. For very good reason: it's a well-sourced, deep dive into the very toxic—literally toxic—business that earned the Kochs enough money to buy up an entire political party. That and the wrongful death judgement, six felony and numerous misdemeanor convictions, the tens of millions of dollars in fines, and the trading with Iran are all included in the story, well worth your time.
No one has given it more attention, it seems, than the notoriously thin-skinned Kochs. In typical Koch fashion, they don't argue the facts of Dickinson's story. They attack Dickinson, who responds here. Here's the nut of his detailed response.

right wing tactic, can not fight the facts...

pueno

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Koch Agenda and the Republican Party:
Why Won't They Answer the Question?

Source

It is no wonder why the Koch brothers always hold their political retreats with their fellow billionaires and multimillionaires in highly secretive sessions, the things they say and the agenda they lay out, while "inspiring" to Mitch McConnell, is repulsive to most Americans. They believe the minimum wage leads to Nazi-ism, Stalinism, Maoism, and suicide bombers. They believe the homeless should be dismissed by telling them to get off their ass. They compare Democrats to the leaders of North Korea. They say they want to decrease regulations "because we can make more profit."

But even more importantly than these absurd and offensive individual beliefs, is their absurd and offensive overall agenda. The Kochs' VP for Policy and Research described an ideal society where the only government would be the military, police, and court system:

"Government is thus limited to a small, but absolutely critical number of tasks, basically keeping our neighborhoods and cities safe from crime, defending our country from those who might violate our national territories, our commerce at sea, and providing justice in a fair and apolitical -- political court system."

In this ideal system, there would be no C, no Medicare, no Medicaid, no food or water safety protections, no national park system, no public education or student loan programs, no public roads and bridges. They would not have taxes on corporate profits or the wealthy at all. There would be no consumer, homeowner, or worker protections from Wall Street banks, big energy companies, pharmaceutical giants, health insurance companies, fast food companies.

This is the Koch agenda, laid out clearly and unequivocally at the Koch secret meeting in June, the agenda that Mitch McConnell found so inspiring. This agenda is so stark that since the news of his attendance at the conference came out, McConnell has either downplayed the meeting, contradicted what he said at the meeting -- for example, here on the minimum wage, or just refused to answer the question here and here.

McConnell isn't the only Republican candidate refusing to answer questions about their allegiance to the Koch agenda. The issue came up twice in the Joni Ernst-Bruce Braley debate in Iowa on September 28, and Ernst avoided the topic entirely the first time, and defensively and immediately changed the subject the second time. And Congressman Jim Jordan, another speaker at the secretive Koch conference, simply refused to answer the question as well.

The Koch agenda, which is now on tape and in transcript form for anyone who wants to look, is devastating to Republicans if Democrats make it an issue. Democrats just have to pound it home -- keep asking the question Republicans refuse to answer, about whether they would repudiate the agenda laid out at the Kochs' secret conference. Because the Republicans are so controlled by the Kochs, Democrats across the country need to be spelling out what the Koch agenda is, and asking Republicans whether they support it. If the narrative of this election is the debate over whether we want the Koch agenda, Democrats will win this cycle going away.

mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It's time that the American people spoke out against this terrible dishonesty of these two brothers, who are about as un-American as anyone that I can imagine," Reid said earlier this year.".

By way of contrast, he explained, the Steyer brothers are clean cut, all-American boys who know what's best for this country (and his campaign)........same with good ol' Georgy Soros. Even better they smell good, not like those ghastly, smelly Capitol Building tourists that pay his salary and lavish expenses. "Our billionaires are better than your billionaires" Reid proudly declared before heading for his office to listen to the secret tapes of the secret Koch meetings full of secrets that no-one but senior Republicans can ever know.......well, apart from a lefty contributor to the Huffington Post (Secrets Department).
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
"It's time that the American people spoke out against this terrible dishonesty of these two brothers, who are about as un-American as anyone that I can imagine," Reid said earlier this year.".

By way of contrast, he explained, the Steyer brothers are clean cut, all-American boys who know what's best for this country (and his campaign)........same with good ol' Georgy Soros. Even better they smell good, not like those ghastly, smelly Capitol Building tourists that pay his salary and lavish expenses. "Our billionaires are better than your billionaires" Reid proudly declared before heading for his office to listen to the secret tapes of the secret Koch meetings full of secrets that no-one but senior Republicans can ever know.......well, apart from a lefty contributor to the Huffington Post (Secrets Department).

past your paygrade, but there is a self interest of money over everything even when you are a billionaire vs what is good for the average joe that you just seem not to get. The Koch trust fund kids who's family made their wealth funded the russians to brutalize their own people and made us spend even to this date ungodly money protecting ourselves from them. That is what the Kochs made their money doing. And to this day they have with their fines and such they just do not care about anything but making more billions.

Now since you mention George Sorros (note not a trust fund kid like the Kochs) what a contrast he has used his money to make the russian wall fall way back. He was huge into funding democracy in Russia. Next Sorros funds many things in the USA that would make him pay higher taxes. He is not funding only things that make him more billions.

Do you see the differences between the few liberal billionaires vs the the what is it 10 to one ratio of right wing trust fund kids who want no taxes on them, who think they are the deciders which with citizens united and the corporations are people too by the worst supreme court idiots there ever were.

wiki
Quote:
Soros was born in Budapest, Hungary, to a non-observant Jewish family. His mother Elizabeth (also known as Erzsebet) came from a family that owned a thriving silk shop. His father Tivadar (also known as Teodoro) was a lawyer[12] and had been a prisoner of war during and after World War I until he escaped from Russia and rejoined his family in Budapest.[13][14] The two married in 1924. Tivadar was an Esperantist writer and taught Soros to speak Esperanto in his childhood.[15] Soros later said that he grew up in a Jewish home and that his parents were cautious with their religious roots.[16] Soros was thirteen years old in March 1944 when Nazi Germany occupied Hungary.[17] When Jewish children were barred from attending school by the Nazis, Soros and the other schoolchildren were made to report to the Jewish Council, which had been established during the occupation. Soros later described this time to writer Michael Lewis:

The Jewish Council asked the little kids to hand out the deportation notices. I was told to go to the Jewish Council. And there I was given these small slips of paper ... It said report to the rabbi seminary at 9 am ... And I was given this list of names. I took this piece of paper to my father. He instantly recognized it. This was a list of Hungarian Jewish lawyers. He said, "You deliver the slips of paper and tell the people that if they report they will be deported."[18]

Soros did not return to that job, but instead went into hiding the next day. Later that year, at age 14, Soros lived with and posed as the godson of an employee of the Hungarian Ministry of Agriculture. The official was at one point ordered to inventory the remaining contents of the estate of a wealthy Jewish family that had fled the country; rather than leave the young Soros alone in the city, the official brought him along.[19] The next year, 1945, Soros survived the Battle of Budapest, in which Soviet and German forces fought house-to-house through the city.

Soros emigrated to England in 1947 and became an impoverished student at the London School of Economics.[20] While a student of the philosopher Karl Popper, Soros worked as a railway porter and as a waiter. A university tutor requested aid for Soros, and he received £40 from a Religious Society of Friends (Quaker) charity.[21] In a discussion at the Los Angeles World Affairs Council in 2006, Alvin Shuster, former foreign editor of the Los Angeles Times, asked Soros, "How does one go from an immigrant to a financier? ... When did you realize that you knew how to make money?" Soros replied, "Well, I had a variety of jobs and I ended up selling fancy goods on the sea side, souvenir shops, and I thought, that's really not what I was cut out to do. So, I wrote to every managing director in every merchant bank in London, got just one or two replies, and eventually that's how I got a job in a merchant bank."[22] That job was an entry-level position in Singer & Friedlander.

Soros earned a BSc in philosophy in 1951 and a PhD in philosophy in 1954, both from the London School of Economics.[23]

Quote:
Soros was not a large donor to US political causes until the 2004 presidential election, but according to the Center for Responsive Politics, during the 2003–2004 election cycle, Soros donated $23,581,000 to various 527 groups dedicated to defeating President Bush. A 527 group is a type of American tax-exempt organization named after a section of the United States tax code, 26 U.S.C. § 527.

boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Steyer brothers ... The rights attempt to demonize the left the same way the Kochs have been portrayed.... What a joke. Tom Steyer has been an idol of mine for 20 years, running and founding farralon , a great SF hedge fund and funding environmental causes , as well as funding sustainable farming all over Northern California ..... The Steyer brothers .... Funny...
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Steyer, billionaire hedge fund manager who was for coal before he was against it, has made his fortune in large part from carbon investments and now is looking to profit from green investments? Now he has his pile, he doesn't want others to join in.......much like the wealthy people who develop massive ranches in Montana and then squeal for a moratorium on further development to "preserve the land" (and the value of their property). I would choose my idols a little more carefully.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gybe has a problem with this guy because he made money from fossil fuel but Gybe adores Exxon, Mobil and all the execs who work there.

The reason he gives is that the same guy also helps the environment, a serious character flaw in Gybes book.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I guess I have to explain everything in the simplest possible terms. Clearly I have no problem with making money from the carbon industry..........I do, however, have a serious problem with hypocrisy....... from both Reid and Steyer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: