myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Koch in his own words
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me explain this in the simplest terms.
Gybe is sneering at us again.
It is deep in his character.

Speaking of hypocrites, he has defended his oil buddies by telling us how much good they do for the environment.
His total commitment to double standards is simple enough even for lower class idiots like us to understand.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sooooooooo sorry. I assumed that when you gratuitously inserted yourself in the conversation and said I care nothing for the environment, you were trying to pick a fight again. My mistake. To make amends let me recommend this web site

http://growapair.org/
mac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean that you resent that Steyer realized he'd been doing immense damage to the environment? You resent that? I thought you believed in redemption. Time is getting short.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People do have a right to change their mind, right? I think it takes a good strong will to admit one's faults, and move on.. When Farralon was killing it, they were the only large hf in SF and everybody wanted to work there. After Steyer stepped back he realized what was important . It's not uncommon. His passion for the environment is real.
He is very philanthropic, giving half his fortune to gates fdn. He supports healthy food for children, poverty in India , inner city housing, and alternative energy... He is an idol of mine for those reasons, and the fact that he was a very successful hedge fund manager in my town... He also like to surf..
The Kochs are grumpy tuxedo wearing trust funders who failed at the Americas cup, support oil industry over ANY thing else, and spend 500 m on tea baggers.. Not my cup of tea.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after making his tax deductible contributions to worthy causes, Steyer only has a billion left of the fortune he made, in large part, from coal investments? I wonder how he gets by? Of course it's OK to change one's mind. However, don't be sanctimonious about it when the only reason anyone listens to you is because of the money you made off the industry you are now blasting. His position on XL Pipeline, and that of fellow hypocrite, Robert Redford, is hyperbolic nonsense.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gratuitously inserted myself in one of the conversations on this thread?
That is an arrogant attitude to take,but then you do own the place.
I am sorry too. It ain't easy being you, is it?
Do you really regard yourself as above us, or is that just bad manners?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gybe... Farallon had crazy numbers , year in and year out. Coal was only part of the portfolio. You can characterize it as a large part of his fortune if you want , but that's not the case. I commend him for seeing the light and standing up for what he believes in.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would commend him more if he, and others of his ilk, would see the light before they make a fortune in the activity they now disparage.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a fair statement. But , when the animal spirits are running wild, future moral compasses seem not to work very well. Typically I don't defend billionaire fund managers, but Tom Stryker is a good guy, strong ideologue, but a good guy.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Returning, for just a brief moment, to the Koch's, mrgybe's efforts to compare them to Steyer and Soros and whomever is simply so much happy horseshit. The Koch's support a broad area of propaganda groups that systematically lie about subjects like air quality impacts and climate change. The Koch's are scions of an extreme right winger who founded the John Birch Society. The Koch's make every effort to hide the sources of funding, as well as spin the truth.

There can be no comparison for anyone with an open mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: