myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
where to keep ws gear during season around Boston

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmoecho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: where to keep ws gear during season around Boston Reply with quote

Hi everyone

Any info on where to keep boards/sails around Boston shore area for decent price and easy access? Maybe boat station, yacht club?

Thank you for info!

Elena
cosmoecho

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: where to keep ws gear during season around Boston Reply with quote

cosmoecho wrote:
Hi everyone

Any info on where to keep boards/sails around Boston shore area for decent price and easy access? Maybe boat station, yacht club?

Thank you for info!

Elena

Damn, where are all these Boston windsurfers? Moved somewhere? Smile
outcast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry dude.
No local knowledge. Would hang at Pleasant Bay and see what shakes there.
The forum will repopulate first warm sunny windy day

WaterKook

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleasure Bay in South Boston is what Outcast meant I think. Pleasant Bay is in Chatham. A much better bay to hang out at I must say.

They all went to kiting just for the same reason you are trying to find storage. Now they can drive around in Mini-Coopers and carry gear in elevators and on the subway. Wink Wicked pissah easy storage for Beantowners. Laughing
They all live on this site... http://masskiting.com/

npiankov

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two popular sites in Boston: Pleasure Bay (South Boston, by Castle Island) and Lake Quannapowitt (in Wakefield). I don't think either one of them has any on-site storage. If you have to clean up your car every trip, that's a pain. I am fortunate enough to keep a second car with all the gear, so it's always loaded and ready to go. Many people use this option (or at least don't have to empty the car EVERY time).

Sorry I can't be more helpful. See you at P-bay, I hope!
aedanna

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: where to keep ws gear during season around Boston Reply with quote

cosmoecho wrote:
Hi everyone
Elena

I am guessing that you are a student in the Boston area, or something like that without a car. I went to school in Worcester and I was lucky enough to have a car. I met a student who came from Europe and brought his equipment with him, lucky for him I had a car and we became good friends. We frequently made the 2-3 hour drive from Wocester to Cape Cod, mostly to Kalmus Beach in Hyannisport. I know Cape Cod may seem far, but the wind and conditions are SO much better than anything around Boston.

Does anyone know if there is good sailing around Provincetown, MA? I sailed Wellfleet Harbor once, but that isn't actually that close to P-town. There is a high speed ferry from downtown Boston to P-town in the summer. There are also buses from Boston to Cape Cod. While the travel time is much longer to get out to the cape, you might find more luck finding a place to store your equipment out there and also have more sail-able days on the Cape.

Good luck, you are close enough to great sailing it will be worth your effort to get out on the water.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: