myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
should we eliminate the senate and congress? what did the
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bajaDean



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 1061
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: should we eliminate the senate and congress? what did the Reply with quote

Can or Should we eliminate the the senate and/or the congress? For most or part of its work? What did the founders intend?

From this source

http://www.britannica.com/presidents/article-9116853
Quote:
The prospect of independence meant more than fighting a war with Britain. It also entailed the formation of new governments in America. In January of 1776, George Wythe, of Virginia, asked John Adams to draw up a plan that would enable the colonies to make this transition. Adams responded with the following letter.


So this was distributed as I understand to all the colonies to give them reason to make a union. So here were the concepts, read the link, but I am focusing on how we came about having elected representation. Now.. back then we did not have a way to have all people participate as specifically noted and now we do. We have the ability to have every person participate long distances do not matter. Should we all spend 30 minutes a day learning issues and voting on each one ourselves.

here was one of the ultimate principles vs a society for the ultra rich that we are to be helping the greatest number, not the 1%. Here is part of John Adams response letter.
Quote:
From this principle it will follow that the form of government which communicates ease, comfort, security, or, in one word, happiness to the greatest number of persons, and in the greatest degree, is the best.


below is the original reason why we made a representative government, but now with technology this reason is obsolete. we can assemble on the TV/internet for 30 minutes a day for a week per month. It is no longer necessary to move the the power from the many to the few. Again from the John Adams response letter to the colonies:

Quote:
As good government is an empire of laws, how shall your laws be made? In a large society inhabiting an extensive country, it is impossible that the whole should assemble to make laws. The first necessary step, then, is to depute power from the many to a few of the most wise and good. But by what rules shall you choose your representatives? Agree upon the number and qualifications of persons who shall have the benefit of choosing, or annex this privilege to the inhabitants of a certain extent of ground.


Amazingly these were the clear principles that the colonies decided to move forward with and become a more perfect union. I think they were clear cut they never envisioned high speed communications, but they did embrace the beginning of it by government funding the telegraph the next generation.

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stevenbard



Joined: 11 Nov 1993
Posts: 4345

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we should eliminate them. Obama is going to be a benevolent dictator. Praise Obama. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nw30



Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Posts: 1921
Location: The eye of the universe, Cen. Cal. coast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sieg......." ah, never mind.
_________________
I don't drink the 'cool' aid, I drink tequila, it's more honest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bajaDean



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 1061
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, we can have everyone vote on items every month. Again it was picked to be a representative government because the USA was going to be to large of a area, you know thirteen states on the east coast. Well this is now very simple for us to do.

So why not have a more perfect union where all the people now vote on items. The voting locations are open everyday 24 hours a day. We have a senate and a congress that only submits the two sides of the yes or no positions. The senate and congress people only have one vote as everyone else.

They can bring a president up for vote of impeachment as before but the vote is by the people.

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mrgybe



Joined: 01 Jul 2008
Posts: 2899

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The room was silent save for a few nervous coughs and the embarrassed shuffling of feet. Then slowly it started. A muffled snigger at the rear of the room was quickly joined by a quiet chuckle, a muffled chortle gave way to a raucous cackle, a discreet titter transformed into a knee slapping belly laugh. Soon the room was filled with a cacophonous mixture of guffaws, cachinnation, horselaughs and whoops until the very walls shook with the might of it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stevenbard



Joined: 11 Nov 1993
Posts: 4345

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to remember the French Revolution, where at first they beheaded the royals, then the elites, then the common man, then the new elites beheaded the new/old elites. And so it goes until they tried to execute everyone. It all depended upon who was unpopular that day. OOOps Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reinerehlers



Joined: 25 Jul 2001
Posts: 1107

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajaDean wrote:
I think they were clear cut they never envisioned high speed communications, but they did embrace the beginning of it by government funding the telegraph the next generation.
bajaDean wrote:
The voting locations are open everyday 24 hours a day.







bajaDean wrote:
Yet we can not even say our elections are fair. Why because right wingers have rigged the election to not only prevent americans from voting but with machines that are not verifiable made by partisan republicans.


bajaDean wrote:
I ask this question all the time, (I am fully capable of making a voting machine all by myself, I am an engineer) if the machines were made by Mike More, Jane Fonda, my company, Castro, Putin, the Chinese would you trust the outcome of any electronic vote machine that is not properly verified? (I can tell you there is no such thing as a properly verified electronic vote machines, impossible to do, (us gov figured it out not long ago no top secret information can be stored on any computer made in china)) So why would you expect me to trust the present machines when all the vote machine companies are run by partisan right wing hacks.


bajaDean wrote:
And Like I said every single electronic vote machine is made by partisan right wing companies.


bajaDean wrote:
You did not answeer my question, would you trust a vote machine made by Jane Fonda, m Moore, castro putin, or the chinese? pretty simple question isn't it.


bajaDean wrote:
again no right winger chiming in on right wingers making electronic vote machines and if you would trust a machine made by Mike Moore jane Fonda Sorros and so on. you little chicken shiiites. simple direct question. cowards...............


bajaDean wrote:
The single largest threat is any electronic means where the data is handled or transfered. It is impossible to stop people from manipulating it.



bajaDean wrote:
I know this is a bit past your paygrade,


More here:
http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27570&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pueno



Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2768

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
And so it goes until they tried to execute everyone.

A bit of a non sequitur, Mr. B.

How can "they" execute "everyone," since "they" are part of the whole and thus slated for execution.

Do "they" commit suicide? Who executes the executioner?
.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bajaDean



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 1061
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
bajaDean wrote:
I think they were clear cut they never envisioned high speed communications, but they did embrace the beginning of it by government funding the telegraph the next generation.
bajaDean wrote:
The voting locations are open everyday 24 hours a day.







bajaDean wrote:
Yet we can not even say our elections are fair. Why because right wingers have rigged the election to not only prevent americans from voting but with machines that are not verifiable made by partisan republicans.


bajaDean wrote:
I ask this question all the time, (I am fully capable of making a voting machine all by myself, I am an engineer) if the machines were made by Mike More, Jane Fonda, my company, Castro, Putin, the Chinese would you trust the outcome of any electronic vote machine that is not properly verified? (I can tell you there is no such thing as a properly verified electronic vote machines, impossible to do, (us gov figured it out not long ago no top secret information can be stored on any computer made in china)) So why would you expect me to trust the present machines when all the vote machine companies are run by partisan right wing hacks.


bajaDean wrote:
And Like I said every single electronic vote machine is made by partisan right wing companies.


bajaDean wrote:
You did not answeer my question, would you trust a vote machine made by Jane Fonda, m Moore, castro putin, or the chinese? pretty simple question isn't it.


bajaDean wrote:
again no right winger chiming in on right wingers making electronic vote machines and if you would trust a machine made by Mike Moore jane Fonda Sorros and so on. you little chicken shiiites. simple direct question. cowards...............


bajaDean wrote:
The single largest threat is any electronic means where the data is handled or transfered. It is impossible to stop people from manipulating it.



bajaDean wrote:
I know this is a bit past your paygrade,


More here:
http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27570&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10


who said it was going to be electronic... only the delivery of the information is electronic. I am all in favor of paper ballots for the vote....

Only the information ie say the dems make a 5 minute video, the right wing does the same, the green party, independents, teas and so on. all have a quick 5 minute shortie, and all can have 1 hour in depth if they want to. Only these streamed videos requite bandwidth. You can watch at home or at any post office or any voting location.

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stevenbard



Joined: 11 Nov 1993
Posts: 4345

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
stevenbard wrote:
And so it goes until they tried to execute everyone.

A bit of a non sequitur, Mr. B.

How can "they" execute "everyone," since "they" are part of the whole and thus slated for execution.

Do "they" commit suicide? Who executes the executioner?
.


You clearly don't understand what happened in the French revolution. They were executing (depending upon the flavor of the month), people from all political positions. It was not safe to hold any political position during the French revolution.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group