myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Windsurfing Videos Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
To those who feel the military are your indentured slaves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
keycocker



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Posts: 3438

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one poster does this. Iso has called the guy terrible things. He does it just to entertain Iso, since Iso swears he can't read our posts.
It doesn't insult Iso at all- as long as iso is telling the truth.
Nothing to do with vets benefits at all.
Just one guy who lies incessantly and is being called on it.
Note if you say Iso enough times his search engine brings it up and he agonizes over responding since iso lies about not reading our posts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 14308

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I think many "veterans" disabilities are bogus. ... Just so many claims like police officers make also.

There is a big difference: The police have unions, entirely different rules, and a local "brotherhood", I guess you'd call it, which news reports say really helps them in many cities. Military vets are on their own from the get-go (except for civilian veterans organizations established to help them, which many vets aren’t even told about). The specialist physicians who evaluate their claims are (often distant) civilian strangers at the initial screening level and unknown VA physicians a thousand miles away at the approval level. The whole process is a series of cold, impersonal, thorough, tests focused on the specific medical claim by specialists -- strangers scattered over the whole country -- not a local process where contacts may help.

It also involves bureaucrats at every level, leading to asinine errors. Notice of one of my disability exams was postmarked AFTER the date of the appointment. Showing them the postmark didn’t help; my claim was rejected because I didn’t show up. In another claim the physicians concurred but some bureaucrat rejected the claim based on his faulty medical assumption; his rejection trumped a decision in my favor from the VA system’s foremost specialist in the field of my claim. It cost me a decade of time and lost benefits to get that corrected.

I’ll bet I’m almost alone in having obtained and kept all my military and VA medical records, which proved invaluable both times the VA lost all my medical records including those pertaining to my disabilities. (It took me many years to convince them I was married -- had been for decades -- costing me money they never paid.)

Yet Obama boasts about the ACA’s electronic records system as though it is a GOOD thing. Sure. Right up until some clerk hits the wrong button and deletes everything, at which point you cease to exist. Both times that happened to me I had to drive 100 miles several times, shove pounds of hardcopy records into various VA bureaucrats’ hands, and prod them for over a year to rebuild my medical file.

You guys who want Obamacare had better look this frightening bureaucracy very closely in the mouth, because it WILL bite you in the ass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 14308

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
However, trying to put out a fire by throwing gas on it is futile. Iso's post only serves to exacerbate the issue, so why make the effort?

Because their harangue denigrates every individual military member and the military institution itself and thus must be reality checked now and then. It also helps other readers understand the level of depravity seen here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 14308

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
To be clear, do soldiers fight for freedom still, or is it more about protecting access to energy attached to some propaganda about "freedom"?

That's a brainwashed and insulting question on many levels. Like it or not, the U.S. is by default the free world's protector -- its police when we choose to get involved, for better or worse. Besides, Google the Carter Doctrine: Paraphrased, it says Hell, YES, we will fight for oil. Duh!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pointster



Joined: 22 Jul 2010
Posts: 223

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall anyone saying that veterans should not get disability payments for non-combat injuries. I think people on this forum tweak Mike about his disability payment because he shows so little empathy for others who receive government assistance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
youwindsurf



Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 651
Location: Classified

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
stevenbard wrote:
I think many "veterans" disabilities are bogus. ... Just so many claims like police officers make also.

There is a big difference: The police have unions, entirely different rules, and a local "brotherhood", I guess you'd call it, which news reports say really helps them in many cities. Military vets are on their own from the get-go (except for civilian veterans organizations established to help them, which many vets aren’t even told about). The specialist physicians who evaluate their claims are (often distant) civilian strangers at the initial screening level and unknown VA physicians a thousand miles away at the approval level. The whole process is a series of cold, impersonal, thorough, tests focused on the specific medical claim by specialists -- strangers scattered over the whole country -- not a local process where contacts may help.

It also involves bureaucrats at every level, leading to asinine errors. Notice of one of my disability exams was postmarked AFTER the date of the appointment. Showing them the postmark didn’t help; my claim was rejected because I didn’t show up. In another claim the physicians concurred but some bureaucrat rejected the claim based on his faulty medical assumption; his rejection trumped a decision in my favor from the VA system’s foremost specialist in the field of my claim. It cost me a decade of time and lost benefits to get that corrected.

I’ll bet I’m almost alone in having obtained and kept all my military and VA medical records, which proved invaluable both times the VA lost all my medical records including those pertaining to my disabilities. (It took me many years to convince them I was married -- had been for decades -- costing me money they never paid.)

Yet Obama boasts about the ACA’s electronic records system as though it is a GOOD thing. Sure. Right up until some clerk hits the wrong button and deletes everything, at which point you cease to exist. Both times that happened to me I had to drive 100 miles several times, shove pounds of hardcopy records into various VA bureaucrats’ hands, and prod them for over a year to rebuild my medical file.

You guys who want Obamacare had better look this frightening bureaucracy very closely in the mouth, because it WILL bite you in the ass.


Instead of ranting about these issues, why don't you focus your attention on solutions? You seem like a git 'er done kind of guy. Why not make helping others in a similar situation to you your calling instead of bitching about how bad it is? If you are just going to rant and complain about a situation but do nothing to help solve the problem - you become the problem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
windoggie



Joined: 22 Feb 2002
Posts: 2406

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
I don't recall anyone saying that veterans should not get disability payments for non-combat injuries. I think people on this forum tweak Mike about his disability payment because he shows so little empathy for others who receive government assistance.
Exactly.
_________________
/w\
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frederick23



Joined: 24 Dec 2013
Posts: 430

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I sympathize with whatever health issues you have been dealing with and your experience with the VA. Not feeling well sucks, and red tape makes it worse. I hope that you find peace in some way to deal with it. I am not sure this public “politics” forum is the best place to go for solace, but you seem to get some fun out of it. If insomnia is related to this, I would be climbing mountains instead? Get better my friend but don’t expect me to agree with you on politics.

I have a story about my experience at the VA hospital here in Chicago which might scare you but, according to my friend, once you get there, you are in good hands.

My friend, the anesthesiologist, invited me one day about 20 years ago to have a tour of the Chicago VA operating room. He worked there for a stint before his stay at Cook County. Before entering the O.R., he dresses me up in scrubs, I go through all the clean down, and introduces me as Dr. ____ to all the surgeons and nurses. He tells me, “he couldn’t do this anywhere else”. Rules, security, etc. This is about 1995, ages ago, and I hope you couldn’t do this now.

I got to see close up the 5 or so operations in progress. During one of them, Barney (I remember his name), was coming out of anesthesia from a carotid artery operation. Unbeknownst to me, as one comes off these drugs, anything can happen. It is normal, but I had no idea and thought the guy was dying, as his arms are flying around. The surgeon who is trying to control Barney, quickly looks straight at me and asks me “are you a doctor”? I quick look at my friend, he shrugs his shoulders and didn’t say anything. I didn’t say anything! The surgeon probably got it, asks me to come over and hold Barney’s hand. He then asks Barney “if you can hear me, squeeze my hand”. Meanwhile the nurses are arguing over hours and schedule, and I feel the tension in the room at a pitch. At least in my mind, because I am NOT A DOCTOR and THIS GUY IS DYING! My friend is a calm as ever. He realizes everything is under control and just another hour in his day.

Afterwards, I go through the private “recap” given by one of the surgeons to train the doctors (Me). In a small room with chalk boards, diagrams of the surgery, terms and words I have never seen, I feel very uncomfortable, I am playing the part, but I have no idea what the hell he is talking about. It is very real, and there are 4 people in the room including myself.

About an hour later, I am playing ping pong with my friend in the Doctors lounge. I feel like myself again, trying to hit small balls. No one knew I wasn’t some resident or famous surgeon. I never once said one word throughout the experience to anyone! I stopped playing and asked my friend, “Is the care good”? He looks me straight in the eye and said, “once you get here (meaning the O.R.), you are in first rate care”.

My point is nothing, but Mike, don’t you think Grandpa Munster looks like Ted Cruz? Iso, stay well, sleep well, and keep the skin thick. This should be fun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reinerehlers



Joined: 25 Jul 2001
Posts: 998

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Because their harangue denigrates every individual military member and the military institution itself


That's a stretch. I think their harangue is directed at you as an individual.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frederick23



Joined: 24 Dec 2013
Posts: 430

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last thing Mike. In the words of Joe Walsh. "I can't complain but sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group