myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
To those who feel the military are your indentured slaves
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: To those who feel the military are your indentured slaves Reply with quote

It’s come to my attention that some “people” here still loudly and incessantly criticize the government policy of providing disability payments to military members permanently injured outside of combat, even though that payment is usually deducted from the individual’s pension (i.e., his other pocket).

Many military members are killed or injured outside combat. Advanced stateside training, for example, is DESIGNED to kill an acceptable number of military members so that fewer die in combat.

Noncombatants can be and very often are thrust into combat with virtually no notice. It’s part of their contract.

Many military members, including tens of thousands who were never near combat, are subject for decades after they leave the military to instant recall into combat tours. [I am, but my disabilities would prevent it just as they prevent my serving on a jury (no, I did not ask for jury exemption; they looked at my medical records and permanently exempted me).]

Many of you apparently don’t know enough about the rudiments of health and medicine to understand that there are many serious disabilities not evident to bystanders, some not even to physicians not performing the relevant tests. Apparently you place your and your family’s health totally in the hands of some DOCTOR … at your own peril. Your spouse and kids deserve better, and good doctors advise much more involvement and knowledge from their patients.

Not one of you would refuse disability payments for legitimate life-threatening disabilities under a program expressly designed as partial compensation for the sacrifices you voluntarily made for your country. Yet you raise hell because I don’t refuse my payments despite clear medical threat to my life and lesser but 24/7 additional physiological impacts.

No, I’m not going to post or discuss my medical records here, especially since most of you little crybabies just hide behind fake names and lob grenades at veterans who can do some things well despite risk. If you don’t like the rules, whine to your president … you know, the one who proposed that vets maimed in combat buy their own damned health insurance and quit bothering the government and taxpayers whose liberty they defended. Or whine to the many VA physicians whose detailed medical exams investigate EVERY disability claim very critically (thus 400,000 disability claims are going unanswered for years, causing many disabled veterans to go bankrupt*). Go right ahead and whine to your government; you gained that right on the bodies and limbs of millions of soldiers and the sacrifices of their support troops, and you couldn’t look any smaller than you already do.

* Save it. Don’t forget; the VA’s Washington, DC Benefits Director told me personally to file when I asked her whether I should, because, she said, without noncombatant military members, there would BE no military.

People who condemn veterans’ benefit programs as unearned or unfair are absolutely clueless about what it takes to maintain the U.S. military, without which there would be no free world.

When initiating a new thread asking for information, I normally look at all responses. That’s not the case or purpose here, so save your ungrateful breath. That goes double for anyone living under the protective umbrella of our military (i.e., most of the free world) who would deny military (and firemen and cops) retirees even their basic pensions simply because they served as little as 20 years, as some here have advocated. If anyone deserves to have their First Amendment right to free speech (and maybe their vote) rescinded, it’s those who abuse it thusly. I see little difference between the verbal spitting we see here and the more literal physical spitting my fellow Viet Nam era veterans experienced from people like so many here. Both illustrate ignorance and ingratitude beyond belief.

“Freedom isn’t free” is not just a bumper sticker; it’s a fact. Accept it and pay for it, or die … literally. (Wrong, mac, that’s not a threat; it’s another fact, beginning with Abel or some jealous ape.)
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: To those who feel the military are your indentured slaves Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

“people”

Many of you apparently don’t know enough about...

...most of you little crybabies...

...whine to your president …

Or whine to the many VA physicians...

...whine to your government...

...you couldn’t look any smaller than you already do.

...absolutely clueless...

...save your ungrateful breath.

I see little difference between the verbal spitting we see here and the more literal physical spitting my fellow Viet Nam era veterans experienced from people like so many here. Both illustrate ignorance and ingratitude beyond belief.

Accept it and pay for it, or die … literally.

You apparently are one of the little crybabies who whine about the president, whine about many VA physicians and whine about your government.

You couldn’t look any smaller than you already do. You are absolutely clueless.

Save your ungrateful breath and don't respond to this post.

I see little difference between the verbal spitting we see here from Iso and the more literal physical spitting my fellow windsurfers experience from being in close proximity to Iso when he is speaking. Both illustrate ignorance and ingratitude beyond belief.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose. Accept it and pay for it, or die … literally.
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: To those who feel the military are your indentured slaves Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:
It’s come to my attention that...

So, Mikey, can we conclude that your disabilities are a combination of anger management (lack of) and makin' shit up (plenty of)?
mac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikey's mental and emotional disabilities are constantly on display.
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

I'm sure he feels bullied.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All veterans should receive treatment regardless of whether or not there was a relationship between their military service and their illnesses. Whatever, including cancer, knees, eyes and brain.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why bring something up, and then refuse to be candid and honest about it? That suggests that dishonesty or something worse is at the heart of things.

As I remember it, isobars voluntarily offered the information here about his receiving disability payments in compensation for medical disabilities that he sustained while servicing in the mititary. Why bring it up in the first place if the issue is too personal and private to discuss openly? I can only guess that the truth can't stand the light of day. It's got to be about being on the public dole for questionable reasons. And, to make matter worse, isobars is openly outspoken with his disdain for folks on food stamps, welfare or other types of government assistance. The situation reeks of hypocrisy.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of feel sorry for Iso. He seems like a tortured sole. I hope he can find some peace and happiness.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

If that were the case, this would make you and Pueno bullies. He's a veteran. I don't think anyone else here is.....
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iso said on here that his disability was insomnia. He said it was very difficult to prove that it was caused by a desk job long ago, but he kept bugging them until they approved a lifetime of checks.
I can't verify this since Iso said it and sometimes he is mistaken about things.
I see why he doesn't want to discuss this use of your tax money, while he supports cutting off food for poor children.
I have never formed an opinion on this,
Iso swears he can't read the posts he is responding to right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: