myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Isabella sensor not likely to be fixed soon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first this was interesting, now like others I just find it insulting. Let me see I also joined Iwindsurf (before it was called that) when the Alpha pager JUST came out. So I guess I have been a customer for 20+ years. Do I go around ranting and raving about the service when ONE station (out of how many?) goes out? No, why? Because the service has been around for that long and GROWING. That pretty much means they are taking care of their "customers". Give them a break and let them do their job.

Or better yet, try windsurfing WITHOUT their service for a while and see what it was like for many of us who windsurfed without this service for years. I'm sure Isobars can chime in on wasted days driving to windsurf only to be skunked.

And yes, I'm pretty loyal to Iwindsurf. $15 a month is pretty cheap for what we get.......
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
our right to eat our own GD sandwich. Sad
wow, that sounds interesting. Tell us what happened.
johnl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
isobars wrote:
our right to eat our own GD sandwich. Sad
wow, that sounds interesting. Tell us what happened.

Seriously windoggie? You haven't heard the story about the sandwich? Please tell me you are kidding......
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to hear it again.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
I just want to hear it again.

Senility comes, and you spend the days licking your own nut sack for hours on end.......

Doesn't the lake need water to make the windtalker a necessity?
superkraut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve: we do have enough water to sail as of right now (barely), which is why the sensor would be helpful. Come May, we won't
kellygeygan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have enjoyed this topic from the beginning. Good points were made from both sides{except for the name callers}. One thing that appears to be agreed on is that Government is the barrier/problem between OUR resource and us.
We lost a local sensor at Imperial Beach 3 or 4 years ago ,apparently forever....so when people voice their concern about a lost sensor it is within the realm of reality that they have a legitimate point. We also lost OUR only 15 plus kt sailing location years ago{Lake Hodges} apparently forever.......
All attacks should be directed towards the barrier/problem..Paying customers discussing a problem is legit and any business owner is better served to listen and make positive changes based on customer concerns.
Those who would berate another persons problem may someday find themselves in a similar situation and discover they are no different.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kellygeygan wrote:
Any business owner is better served to listen and make positive changes based on customer concerns.

Yep ... but that presumes the business holds the Aces. Here all they hold is rectangular pieces of cardboard with cartoons printed on them. A GS-5 clerk wields more power than a CEO, including all 52 real cards.
kellygeygan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
kellygeygan wrote:
Any business owner is better served to listen and make positive changes based on customer concerns.

Yep ... but that presumes the business holds the Aces. Here all they hold is rectangular pieces of cardboard with cartoons printed on them. A GS-5 clerk wields more power than a CEO, including all 52 real cards.

Agreed...good point.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superkraut wrote:
Steve: we do have enough water to sail as of right now (barely), which is why the sensor would be helpful. Come May, we won't

I'm praying that the next 2 storms predicted this week will make it work through June.....otherwise, you'll have to trek down to the coast and sail with us briny old salts. BTW, there is virtually no kelp in S Cal this spring. The unusually warm ocean water has made it pleasant down here. There will be a lot of "lake" type days in Malibu and Cabrillo this summer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: