myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Drysuit Seal Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ben.eliyahu.tom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup looks pretty good to me, especially like the tape on the foam trick! personally i do one or two things a little differently as i find its easier to get a good finish..
1) don't use tons of glue like that unless you let it dry a bit before adhering but....
2)if you let the glue dry a bit before touching the two parts together you have no room for error, once its on its there and its not moving without pulling some glue off making a shitty bond. instead use less glue and flip is down right away
3) they dont stress how important a good foam plug is, its the difference between a pretty easy task to an impossible mess, take your time making the best plug you can!
4) i would have pulled the gasket down a little further as the new material seemed pretty loose over the old one
5) you can cut the old gasket straight on the foam, i find this is much easier/ quicker

otherwise go get er and show us some pics of the final product!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: