myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
War!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cherry-picking out of context? Again?

Is anyone surprised?

Hatred is so attractive in one who feigns moral and intellectual superiority.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
youwindsurf wrote:
— what I would not have done is left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down. That certainly would not help us in the Middle East.

We have more than a thousand top flight troops back in there now, and airstrikes.......with the strong likelihood of a significant and extended escalation. We've lost all the gains it took 10 years to win and the security of the region, and world, has been greatly diminished. 10,000 troops "certainly" would not help us he said. Perhaps that's why the Pentagon asked for a residual force of 20,000. He ignored their advice so as to meet a campaign promise.

Oh, and since you were kind enough to remind us of the President's dismissal of the threat from Russia.........from CNN today.

Ukraine: 'This is a full-scale invasion' - U.S.: Russians 'directly' involved
http://www.cnn.com/

Wait a minute Mrgybe, The idiot in chief refused to characterize this invasion as an invasion at a news conference this evening.....Even though satellite photos show it as an invasion. He also took military action off the table. (thank God), however why would any world leader verbalize this? WHAT HAPPENED TO KEEPING YOUR PIE HOLE SHUT, when dealing with your enemy?

Is it any wonder that his approval rating is only at 39%?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve...the market recovered quite nicely today when the smart money realized that the Ukrainian source that informed the US that Russians were pushing into the South Eastern portion of the Ukraine , was questionable at best. This has been the case for some time now...as the Ukraine tries to rally the West.
Even Krauthammer is supportive of obamas recent moves. I'm glad he's in charge.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs, Do you think any of this chaos would have happened under Reagan? Libya, Syria, Isis, Putin?

Boggs, I'm making a bold call. Prior to the 2016 election, we will have a huge market collapse. (20%+) Obama's approval rating is below Bush's. I don't think Americans like what he's been doing.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know.
Beirut happened under Reagan , we lost 243 servicemen in one day.. We retreated , al queda was born. 1983 . I refuse to go into the negative black hole you are living in, can't do it. In my 24 years in the biz, geopolitics is always a concern, always .
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I don't think Americans like what he's been doing.

I like what he's been doing. Playing golf and raising money for Hillary beat the hell out of using his pen and phone to F up the world. "ISIS is the Junior Varsity", and we have no strategy for dealing with it ... all while our intelligence and military have been warning him about it for months to years. What happened to the normal way of preparing contingency plans for all possibilities, so action can be taken quickly when necessary? We made and kept those even at my level (captains and majors directing dozens to scores of people), and prior administrations had them for most worldwide contingencies, but this gadabout thinks he's above all that.

The world now realizes he's BELOW it, and contrary to his claim just this week, many allies now must not only act on their own but don't even inform him because of his demonstrated history of telling the enemy our plans.

9/ll/01 cost Al Qaeda $400,000. ISIS already has >$2B, and brings in millions every day from oil alone. Thousands of ISIS terrorists are new recruits from free nations including the U.S., which means they can come to the U.S. on their passports without visas, strap on their cute little suicide vests, and blow up the mall and pizza shops where your kids hang out.

Enjoy, lefties. You contributed to this by electing an uninvolved party animal to the White House.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what Obama actually said yesterday:

Quote:
Finally, I just spoke with Chancellor Merkel of Germany on the situation in Ukraine. We agree, if there was ever any doubt, that Russia is responsible for the violence in eastern Ukraine. The violence is encouraged by Russia. The separatists are trained by Russia. They are armed by Russia. They are funded by Russia.

OBAMA: Russia has deliberately and repeatedly violated the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/transcriptpresident-obamas-aug-28-remarks-on-ukraine-and-syria/2014/08/28/416f1336-2eec-11e4-bb9b-997ae96fad33_story.html

Mikey is making it up. Perhaps emulating the master cherry-picker?

Regarding Romney and the status of troops in Iraq, and looking back to how Romney and Obama campaigned on Iraq. It is useful to recall that Romney's go to advisors on foreign policy were the neo-cons who got us into Iraq. Now either they were stupid enough to believe what Cheney said, we would be greeted as liberators, or they were duplicitous enough to get us in, knowing that it might be a twenty year slog. Which of these makes you feel better about Romney?
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hea, no mention of BHO saying that he doesn't have a plan for dealing with ISIS. Kinda cherry picked from his presser yesterday I'd say.
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven,
It's not an invasion. According to Vlad it's a few soldiers on holiday.

BTW, did anyone else notice that Obama sent a tank division and some F16's to Poland for an "exercise"?

Sorry, not a division just "some" tanks.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-military-send-tanks-e-europe-drills-182857301.html
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in town after a 6 week vacation, but I have been reading the posts.

Lots of water under the bridge in this discussion, but since Obama is just now suggesting that we need to develop a strategy for dealing with ISIS, I wonder just what his commitment will be. Whatever the "real story" is, we will not know what it is if anyone in the military, congress or White House has a brain. It should be very secret until it happens. Hopefully, no more "red lines".

I am not one to start dropping bombs every time some radical group starts going off the deep end, but at SOME point, there must be some response before the problem gets too big to have any chance of containment.

So, the question for everyone here, especially the left - What do you suggest we do to deal with ISIS and the other radical Muslim groups?

The news this morning says that building a coalition will be a big challenge since many governments have lost faith in the US's willingness to confront ISIS.

ISIS is just one componet of a very scary, and ever growing side of radical Islam. It isn't going away and will continue to expand, so when do we take action? I don't have the answer and it's not my job to come up with one, but whatever the plan, it better be a good one.

Sitting our our asses until the next Presidential election won't cut it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 24 of 36

Jump to: