myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Windsurfing Videos Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
NPR
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
youwindsurf



Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 499
Location: North Shore High School

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
NPR's ombudsman ripped them apart a year or two ago when their top management were caught on tape hanging over the Left edge of the earth. They had no choice but to pull back from the edge lest they lose their grip entirely. That liberal Constitutional law professor, Jonathan Turley, has been on many Fox news, analysis, and discussion shows for days now. He supports Obama's goals, but is adamant about how seriously Obama's methods violate the Constitution. (BTW Obama was not a Constitutional law professor; he was a lecturer ... as was I in graduate school. BIG difference between lecturer and professor.)


Wrong yet again.

The taping incident had nothing to do with an ombudsman. That brings up a good point. How many ombudsmen does Fox News have that check out the veracity if their stories? None.

The University of Chicago Law School's official press release on Barack Obama says this: "From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School's Senior Lecturers has high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rigitrite



Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Posts: 249
Location: Kansas City

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NPR has given a free microphone to the likes of Grover Norquist, who went on to spout all manner of seditious non-sense, like replacing the federal government with one more like a corporate board. Let's also not forget that NPR did the same for that rat-bastard Karl Rove, where he famously berated Neil Cohen, "You have your fact Neil, but I have THE facts!!!"

NPR is VERY non-partisan when it comes to news coverage and interviews. It's the other content, like "Fresh Air" that are extremely liberal, but yet somehow conservatards think that taints their news coverage: wrong.

BTW, if conservatards are bothered by Teri Gross, just comfort yourselves in the cringe-worthy interview she did with Gene Simmons (of KISS) and consider the Karma balanced.

_________________
Kansas City
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keycocker



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Posts: 3235

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have heard one account of NPR content from several posters who actually listen to NPR, and a different account from a poster who has never listened at all.

We got a similar set of reports from a poster who has never opened a NYT but knows all about the content.

There is a lesson in this that goes beyond NPR and explains most of the partisan rancor in America.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joew



Joined: 18 Jul 1999
Posts: 152

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well put KC, must concur. NPR and PBS are national treasures. My drive time is not wasted time thx to NPR. I let my sirius XM sub. lapse as I was always listening to NPR. Occaisionally, (very) I listen to rush for pure entertainment, almost as funny as the Simpsons, good for a couple of belly laughs every time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bajaDean



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 786
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rigitrite wrote:
NPR has given a free microphone to the likes of Grover Norquist, who went on to spout all manner of seditious non-sense, like replacing the federal government with one more like a corporate board. Let's also not forget that NPR did the same for that rat-bastard Karl Rove, where he famously berated Neil Cohen, "You have your fact Neil, but I have THE facts!!!"

NPR is VERY non-partisan when it comes to news coverage and interviews. It's the other content, like "Fresh Air" that are extremely liberal, but yet somehow conservatards think that taints their news coverage: wrong.

BTW, if conservatards are bothered by Teri Gross, just comfort yourselves in the cringe-worthy interview she did with Gene Simmons (of KISS) and consider the Karma balanced.


anything that is professional journalism by a right winger is considered liberal. Any professional journalist can be very neutral in their reporting. anything that is neutral reporting to a right winger is liberal. To not be liberal you need to be hate right wing.

A poll by pew showed that of about 18% self identified conservatives they believed Fox was liberal. With a lacking objectivity like that in the right wing base anything that is not Rush is liberal.

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 13861

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rigitrite wrote:
NPR is VERY non-partisan when it comes to news coverage and interviews.

Their own ombudsman disagreed very publicly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
youwindsurf



Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 499
Location: North Shore High School

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
rigitrite wrote:
NPR is VERY non-partisan when it comes to news coverage and interviews.

Their own ombudsman disagreed very publicly.


Got something to back that up?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DanWeiss



Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Posts: 1928
Location: Connecticut, USA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwindsurf wrote:
isobars wrote:
SNIP
(BTW Obama was not a Constitutional law professor; he was a lecturer ... as was I in graduate school. BIG difference between lecturer and professor.)


Wrong yet again.

The taping incident had nothing to do with an ombudsman. That brings up a good point. How many ombudsmen does Fox News have that check out the veracity if their stories? None.

The University of Chicago Law School's official press release on Barack Obama says this: "From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School's Senior Lecturers has high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined."


I think Mr. Fick loudly skipped a reply to your well-researched retort! I wonder why?

_________________
Support Your Sport. Join US Windsurfing!
www.USWindsurfing.org

www.konaone.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
youwindsurf



Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 499
Location: North Shore High School

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanWeiss wrote:
youwindsurf wrote:
isobars wrote:
SNIP
(BTW Obama was not a Constitutional law professor; he was a lecturer ... as was I in graduate school. BIG difference between lecturer and professor.)


Wrong yet again.

The taping incident had nothing to do with an ombudsman. That brings up a good point. How many ombudsmen does Fox News have that check out the veracity if their stories? None.

The University of Chicago Law School's official press release on Barack Obama says this: "From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School's Senior Lecturers has high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined."


I think Mr. Fick loudly skipped a reply to your well-researched retort! I wonder why?


“Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.”


― Friedrich Nietzsche
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group