myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Are you surprised he is a Republican?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Are you surprised he is a Republican? Reply with quote

Quote:
By SIMON TOMLINSON
PUBLISHED: 10:05 EST, 25 February 2014 | UPDATED: 11:54 EST, 25 February 2014

A Washington lobbyist says he is drafting a bill that would ban gay players from joining the National Football League.
Jack Burkman said he came up with the idea after college football star Michael Sam publicly came out a few weeks ago.
In a statement, he said: 'We are losing our decency as a nation. Imagine your son being forced to shower with a gay man.
'That's a horrifying prospect for every mom in the country. What in the world has this nation come to?'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2567583/We-losing-decency-nation-Washington-lobbyist-moves-ban-gay-players-NFL-college-star-Michael-Sam-came-ahead-declaring-draft.html#ixzz2uMnkDHqW

Is anyone surprised that he used to work for Fox? Is anyone surprised that he has a show on conservative Radio America? Is anyone surprised he said nothing about Richie Incognito--but Fox gave Richie airtime?

What a sick man!
feuser

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Are you surprised he is a Republican? Reply with quote

Quote:
...Imagine your son being forced to shower with a gay man.
'That's a horrifying prospect for every mom in the country...

I think it's the showers with gay men giving their sons repetitive brain trauma that worries moms everywhere.

Are we certain this is not a parody?

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Burkman was born that way.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anecdotal, great title mac, using your broad brush of GOP hate again I see.

That approach is easy to do, like this, are you surprised he's a democrat?~
http://www.kmbz.com/Calif-State-Senator-Indicted-on-Corruption-Charges/18442952

But I won't use your broad brush, hate isn't in my chemistry, I happen to know that there are many good democrats out there.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: Are you surprised he is a Republican? Reply with quote

feuser wrote:
Quote:
...Imagine your son being forced to shower with a gay man.
'That's a horrifying prospect for every mom in the country...

I think it's the showers with gay men giving their sons repetitive brain trauma that worries moms everywhere.

Are we certain this is not a parody?

If you had been, or were a little boy forced into the shower by a gay man, this might worry you. Parody or not, I'd like to know where we draw the line?

40 years ago there was a fine line. 40 years from now where will the line be? For instance, a girl who is 17 years and 364 days old will get you into prison for many years. However at midnight, you'll get a high five from your buddies. How about NAMBLA? Will the line be different in 40 years? I mean they are people too. Shouldn't we love them? Rolling Eyes
mac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is so much fun to parody you guys. Your inability to actually reason is legend. First comes NW, noting that there is corruption in both parties. Of course, there were no complaints about the corruption of the Republican governor of North Carolina and his blatant conflict of interest. So let's take the reasoning behind this:

Quote:
But I won't use your broad brush, hate isn't in my chemistry, I happen to know that there are many good democrats out there.

This from NW, who frothed at the pen describing Christie as a RINO. Two problems in the reasoning. First, the hard right of the GOP has engaged in a decades long witch hunt of moderate Republicans, forcing many of them to abandon the party and become Independents and Democrats. Second, this ignores the fact that the Republican party's unofficial communication forum, Fox news, has given this guy a platform to spew his bigotry. Not even a nice try NW. Off point and off logic.

Next comes Bard who introduces NAMBLA, slandering Sam and ignoring the elephant in the room. NAMBLA is a deviant organization, condemned by all decent humans. It is like saying that a few Catholic priests abused children so all Catholics are abusers. We are talking about behavior of consenting adults, not abuse of children--which is abhorrent, whether heterosexual or homosexual.

Lost in the inability of the so called conservatives who commented here is any actual ability to either reason or be consistently conservative. Here is Jack Burkman, a phony conservative, who wants to use his homophobia as a platform to get the Federal government to intervene in the business practices of the NFL to prohibit them from hiring any openly gay employees. Of course those of you so called conservatives who brayed about the freedom of Dan Snyder to use the team name "Redskins", no matter the objections of Native Americans, see no hypocrisy in insisting on controlling sexual orientation.

If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This example illustrates the schizophrenic nature of today's Republican Party. From the Party that wants to keep government out of business comes along aGOP strategist who wants to create a law telling a private business who they cannot employ.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schizo like, man molesting boy bad but women choosing to murder their baby good, schizo?
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Schizo like, man molesting boy bad but women choosing to murder their baby good, schizo?

Can you cite anyone, other than you, who has said "abortion is good"?

Your oversimplification of a right guaranteed to women by the Constitution of the United States as held by the United States Supreme Court does not do you justice. I can't believe that you're a misogynist. You're better than that. Care to try again with another schizo example?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok rephrase: unacceptable or acceptable...better? In wording or in principle?
Misogynist my ass, my sister had multiple aborted children I would have taken for her. You want to talk about the emotional scares?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: