myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Are you surprised he is a Republican?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Ok rephrase: unacceptable or acceptable...better? In wording or in principle?
Misogynist my ass, my sister had multiple aborted children I would have taken for her. You want to talk about the emotional scares?

Now you are getting a bit far a field from my original premise. Which was that it is a bit ridiculous for a political party that espouses staying out of the way of business would want to pass a law interfering with business.

Your response was not a parallel example. You used illegal activity vs. legal activity.

Republicans typically are against laws which restrict business and Democrats typically do not have the same philosophy.

However, I think Republicans and Democrats both are against child molesting. So therefore, the example you gave comparing child molestation to abortion is flawed.

No, I don't want to talk about your emotional "scares". That is not the point I am trying to make and it would be far too scary.

What you might have said is: "It is illogical for a party that espouses abortion to draft a law restricting a women's access to abortion." However, you could not say that because it is not true. So instead, you came up with an illogical example.
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having trouble grasping this argument. This seems to be very twisted logic. If we allow gays into the NFL, it will somehow force boys to have to shower with gay men??????????

I would not call any man who plays professional football a boy. All those NFL players are big boys now and I should hope be able to deal with this.

stevenbard wrote: "If you had been or were a little boy forced into the shower with a gay man....."

What are you talking about? How is allowing gays into the NFL going to force little boys to shower with gay men? Do you really believe all gay men molest little boys?

Gay people exist in every state, country, and culture on the planet. They are in every gym class in every school in every state in our union and have been long before this country was founded, and we have all been "forced to shower with them" for years, weather we knew it or not. So what is the problem here? It's almost like people think of being gay as if it's a contagious disease. Why would anyone worry about this?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwindsurf wrote:
reinerehlers wrote:
Schizo like, man molesting boy bad but women choosing to murder their baby good, schizo?

Can you cite anyone, other than you, who has said "abortion is good"?

Your oversimplification of a right guaranteed to women by the Constitution of the United States as held by the United States Supreme Court does not do you justice. I can't believe that you're a misogynist. You're better than that. Care to try again with another schizo example?

If you support candidates who support abortion, then you support abortion. BTW, I just read an article that 76% of babies aborted in some southern states are black. Wow, the liberals are pro genocide....
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But without know it, they are whittling down their own future base, which applies to all races of that political persuasion.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
youwindsurf wrote:
reinerehlers wrote:
Schizo like, man molesting boy bad but women choosing to murder their baby good, schizo?

Can you cite anyone, other than you, who has said "abortion is good"?

Your oversimplification of a right guaranteed to women by the Constitution of the United States as held by the United States Supreme Court does not do you justice. I can't believe that you're a misogynist. You're better than that. Care to try again with another schizo example?

If you support candidates who support abortion, then you support abortion. BTW, I just read an article that 76% of babies aborted in some southern states are black. Wow, the liberals are pro genocide....

I support a woman's right to choose to have an abortion, just as I support your right to have an opinion contrary to mine.

I think what you really meant to say was that the women having abortions are pro genocide. Wow, I wonder if any Republican women have ever had an abortion?

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Republican U.S. Rep. Scott DesJarlais of Tennessee testified during divorce proceedings that he and his former wife made a "mutual" decision for her to have two abortions, according to divorce transcripts released Thursday.

DesJarlais easily won a second term despite revelations that he once urged a patient with whom he was having an affair to get an abortion.

On his campaign website, DesJarlais espoused an anti-abortion position, saying: "All life should be cherished and protected. We are pro-life."

By the way, aren't most southern states Republican states?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypocrisy at its worst. Although, so often people who have abortions are so torn up about their decisions later in life.

You will find many Christians have committed the most heinous acts including abortion. The difference is many reflect on their bad choices and ask for forgiveness. Hardly, hypocritical.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Next comes Bard who introduces NAMBLA, slandering Sam and ignoring the elephant in the room. NAMBLA is a deviant organization, condemned by all decent humans.

Mac,
You should check out the NAMBLA website, pretty freaky stuff there that sounds like some pretty familiar arguments and justifications. They might refer to you as NAMBLA-phobic. I don't condone what they do to or with children but couldn't those deviants argue that they were "born that way"? Heck, what's to stop people from arguing they're born to addictive behavior, rape, murder, flying jets into skyscrapers, and yes, be sexually attracted to boys (sick as it all may be)....you name it?

mac wrote:
It is like saying that a few Catholic priests abused children so all Catholics are abusers. We are talking about behavior of consenting adults, not abuse of children--which is abhorrent, whether heterosexual or homosexual.

Oh you must mean like how some people refer to the republican party as "the party of hate, racists, McVeigh supporters, Nazis" based upon the fringe that exists, right? And it's not that "a few" Catholic priests abused children, it's that they raped children, and more than just a few.

Last edited by KGB-NP on Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
LHDR

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slinky wrote:
Stevenbard wrote: "If you had been or were a little boy forced into the shower with a gay man....."

What are you talking about? How is allowing gays into the NFL going to force little boys to shower with gay men? Do you really believe all gay men molest little boys?
Gay people exist in every state, country, and culture on the planet. They are in every gym class in every school in every state in our union and have been long before this country was founded, and we have all been "forced to shower with them" for years, weather we knew it or not. So what is the problem here? It's almost like people think of being gay as if it's a contagious disease. Why would anyone worry about this?

This is quite a profound response. And it still doesn't seem to compel Stevenbard to rethink his nonsense.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta wonder ... wouldn't a gay man be rather obvious in the men's locker room (um, by where he hangs his towel)? If so, I haven't spotted one yet. Very Happy
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac said:
Quote:
It is so much fun to parody you guys. Your inability to actually reason is legend. First comes NW, noting that there is corruption in both parties. Of course, there were no complaints about the corruption of the Republican governor of North Carolina and his blatant conflict of interest.

Interesting how mac slips in bits of bias with no facts to support his opinion. Yes, the Governor worked for Duke Energy, but at this point, there is NOTHING but leftist speculation to support any conflict of interest or corruption.

If the investigation finds corruption or conflict of interest, jump on your band wagon, but let's not put the cart before the horse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: