myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hey guys, check out my new windmobile!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuyT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Hey guys, check out my new windmobile! Reply with quote

It's a RAM Promaster with a picture of my wife on it:

That's called love. Wink
johnl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, I LOVE the picture on the side. One thing I don't like about my van is it is ALL white and big. I've been thinking about putting big black spots on it and making it look like a cow Smile I think yours is cool. So is your picture on the other side???
GuyT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
Dude, I LOVE the picture on the side. One thing I don't like about my van is it is ALL white and big. I've been thinking about putting big black spots on it and making it look like a cow Smile I think yours is cool. So is your picture on the other side???

Got you on that one, John Twisted Evil . It's actually photoshoped.

But I did send an email to a company to see how much it would cost to get it done. That was last week and they haven't replied yet. Good to see that the economy is back on track, looks like that these guys don't need my business. Wink
johnl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one Guy Smile You totally had me. Knowing you I didn't doubt you doing it Smile But seriously a very large white plan white van gets boring. I need to figure out something to put on mine.....
neilsather

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, I have that same picture in a tattoo and a piercing in my tongue with a Sprinter in it with a box full of taboos. Mine is all chained up.
GuyT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neilsather wrote:
Dude, I have that same picture in a tattoo and a piercing in my tongue with a Sprinter in it with a box full of taboos. Mine is all chained up.

Even better than that, Neil, I kite:

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to the pimped out Toyota? That things going to take up too much room at SBX!
GuyT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
What happened to the pimped out Toyota? That things going to take up too much room at SBX!

You got the wrong guy, I was driving a Chevrolet Uplander minivan. It is true that the Promaster looks huge, but it's only 21 inches longer than my minivan and 19 inches shorter than the smaller Sprinter (the 144" wheel base). The GM Savana is actually 11 inches longer, with way less cargo space.

Cheers!
spennie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for the Ford 2015 Transit. Go to the Ford site & click on "Commercial" to see.
GuyT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spennie wrote:
I'm waiting for the Ford 2015 Transit. Go to the Ford site & click on "Commercial" to see.

I was interested too, but Ford kept delaying its arrival on the market, so I got tired of waiting and got the Promaster.

But when I look at the specs, I think I would still go for the Promaster, as it offers the best cargo volume for it's size. The Ford Transit I would have select is 220 inches long, that's 17 inches longer than my PM. But has only 317 cu. ft. of cargo volume, the PM has 406 cu. ft., that's 28% more than the Transit!

Also, I wanted the gas engine and have concern on the Ford EcoBoost motor. i heard the the fuel consumption is not that great at higher speeds.

But please get the Transit, it will make a great subject of debate while we are waiting for the good winds next summer Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: