myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
lake arenal / costa rica
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tstizzle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: lake arenal / costa rica Reply with quote

anyone else heading to lake arenal, costa rica for windsurfing this winter?
Windreamer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: lake arenal Reply with quote

Iwas there for a week in early December and loved it. Very windy, gusty, and more swell than I am used to, but warm clean water in a beautiful setting. Irented from Tiko wind and stayed at the Mystica and would recommend both.
tstizzle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windy sounds good!!!

i'm on my way to the airport right now and just thought i would ask if anyone is going to be there at the same time. if anyone is, let me know.

i'm also happy to post "live onsite" trip updates if anybody is interested! have camera, will travel!
geohaye

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, man, give us those onsite reports!
tstizzle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, in case anyone is itnerested, and anyone is listening, i thought i might let you know how it's been here windsurfing at lake arenal.

day 1 was very mild with 5.0 - 5.5 being the common sizes. the sun was out, the temperature was 85 degrees and everyone was happy and smiling. here's a pic:

after sailing, a quick bite of the most amazing barbecue you've ever had at Equus BBQ. they have all free range, organic meats and the best beans you've had in your life. then, off to bed to rest sore muscles, and then back today.

today was a wild and windy ride with some clouds pushing through. i sailed a 4.2 all morning (9 - 12) with killer swell and RAMPS! this afternoon a shorter sesh (very tired) on a 5.0.

people were throwing loops all over. awesome day! and, of course, another pic (sorry this one isn't so great. better next time!):

hey, if anyone is out there listening, let me know and i'll keep posting. otherwise, i won't.

hope your sailing is good![/img]
Windreamer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: lake arenal Reply with quote

I loved Equis bbq also. Where are you staying? Mystica is nice and has good healthy food and nice environment, too. Have you seen any monkeys?
TheItalianJobber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...more (killer swell, ramps, and people throwing loops all over) pics!
Very Happy
tstizzle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, indeed, to the killer loops and ramps pics. i had been a little lazy with the camera in my desire to get some Time On Water (as you can imagine)!

so far this morning is looking quite windy. i'm guessing 4.2 - 4.7. we're having a little tico coffee and ibuprofen-laced eggs before the walk to the site.

will take lots of pics today and post tonight.
loopless

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the rental gear situation like...
tstizzle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rental gear is plentiful and 1-2 seasons old. we're sailing fanatic freewave primarily and north sails. most of the sails are 2014 and the boards are a mix of 2013 and 2014. all very good. i'll post a pic of the gear areas manana.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: