myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Evolution
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get links to post on my IPad because I don't know how to cut and paste on this gadget.
If this is of interest perhaps you might help me. Just enter Obama is Satan on google or other search engine and the Public Policy Polling survey comes up with many references.

For some fun reading you will find many sites affirming this belief and repeating public speeches made by these folks.
Don't miss the videos showing both Obama and his wife giving a hand sign affirming their allegiance to Satan.
Some of them have to be run backwards before you can see it.
Even as I read this it would be hard for me to believe but I have been told this in person by missionaries in Belize.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the lunatic fringe!

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/michelle_obama.htm

It would appear that others are also included in this accusation. I looked through a bunch of the links. Do you think this is an accurate representation of biblical principles? I would give the likes thereof the same credibility as I would to the Westboro Baptist Church and their views and representation.

Would extending the thumb instead of the index finger make just about every wind sport junky satanic? There's probably a survey about that too.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I attended evangelical churches with my family throughout my youth in Nebraska, Kansas ,and Missouri.
I had contact with Christians who believe this stuff and more. A kid had to be careful not to mention demons and so on in a new locale.

Polls have consistently shown that these folks are a much larger group of Americans than any sane person might think.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once broke my ankle jumping on port tack. For a long time, and still do a bit, fear doing so, but I have not come to equate that jumping on port leads to broken ankles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wunv9U4IWk

Polls also have a predetermined bias to prove something, whether it be determining that the Obama's are Satan or that Evangelicals are all nuts. Any sane person would carefully consider the motive.

Last edited by KGB-NP on Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This poll asked about beliefs on a great range of topics.
It included Bigfoot, satan, flying saucers, and did not ask if you were an evangelical so no data on that was determined or suggested.
It asked the respondents their political affiliation.

The idea that it may be some American evangelical Christians who buy this comes from my own experiences and the hundreds of sites supporting this from those who say or seem to be evangelical.

It says to me that average Americans are not as educated as some city people might think. It implies that the conservative religious media may not be informing the US public as truthfully as would be desirable in a 21st Century world.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR--what a posting! There are good things about the evangelical movement; it creates a community, and provides a sense of hope for forgiveness for people who fear for their souls. It has been a strong movement in Latin America and other third world countries, which is really the reason behind the selection of Pope Francis, and his messaging. It has the great advantage of being highly decentralized, which allows the crafting of messages and leadership community by community.

There are dark sides as well. My brother is born again, and is now a preacher in a cult in New Mexico. He is no longer a drug addict, but is also no longer an active member of the family he grew up in. When I sent him a link to a scientific article on changes to the human genome associated with retro-viruses he considered it an attack on his religion. He is not an unusual example of people who think that they need forgiveness directly from Jesus, and take the bible literally--or at least according to the current cult leader. He believes in the rapture and a number of other whacky things, and hates Obama like similar religious whacko's on this forum. They have selected the messages of Christianity to fit their biases, and their needs.

In my opinion, the problem with the movement is it turns inward, away from the greater society. My brother would not sent his kids to public schools because they would be exposed to secular ideas, including evolution. So he supports charitable giving--but only within his insular community. He has a viewpoint of the Constitution that is entirely at odds with what it says, and how the courts have interpreted it, particularly in matters like separation of church and state and abortion. Not surprising--he was stoned during high school civics.

So there are a lot of these folks out there, and they only listen to pre-selected sources. What they consider, in their profound ignorance, credible. Certainly nothing like New Yorker, or the New York Times. They are very dangerous.
windoggi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To buy into religion, faith, spirituality, astrology...whatever...you have to believe that somewhere, somehow, 2+2 equals 5. I can understand ignorance based faith I guess. But when educated, modern day people buy into it, it baffles me. And makes me suspicious of the motives.

But alas, as always, I'm but a Simple Hound.

nw30

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that supposedly Jesus died for our sins, so if we don't sin then that would have been in vain.
I'm just here to say that I've been doing my part.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW--that may be a first for you--a credible source.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my "connections". Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: