myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
windsurfing in New Mexico
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paolo Soleri Amphitheater, Santa Fe New Mexico, just up/across the road from some the NM windsurf locations

Warren Zevon in concert. WOW. the Wind is my favorite album, and knowing he was dying Bob Dylans 'Knocking on Heavens Door '

special is not flattering enough.

New Mexico the Land Of Enchantment is indeed a mystic place, their are places in Arizona and Colorado that have some of the stark high plains beauty. Where else would a town change its name to Truth or Consequences, known locally as T or C

The stars in Maine with the Northern Lights are among the most sparkling anywhere.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The yelling was by the CA tourists, not me. They were EXCITED!

My comments referring to California were in discussions of CA. That's not hijacking. You guys' incessant diversion of threads to moi is hijacking, plain and simple. If you were capable of focusing on the message (the topic) rather than the messenger, the Nasty Factor here would drop by 99%.

I left NM the first time at the "urging" of the USAF. Thank God for urging, as the state I chose, Utah, was an even better place in many respects. The second time I left NM was for the Gorge ... a no-brainer despite the weather, now that my recreation is more focused. Everything is a tradeoff.

Don't knock the "awesomeness" of remote (as in Bonneville Salt Flats remote) high desert (4,000-6,000 feet) nighttime skies until you've slept under them a few hundred nights beside rigged sails or a dirt bike, or just shut off your snowmobile engine and lights at 3:00 AM at 10,000 feet and looked at the sky, or hiked through White Sands National Monument back country --- barefooted -- by moonlight you can actually read by. Those skies are truly spectacular compared to just about anything I've ever seen in most of the rest of the country.

Criticizing the state factually or at least with topical opinion is fair game, and Bassman's question is 100% appropriate; that's why I've been reading all this thread's posts. But trying to undermine the state's strong points by sniping at the messenger is pretty danged low. People passing through or considering moving there deserve a fair shot at its pros and cons ... and Lord knows NM has some cons, too. I've covered both in many threads, and it's shameful how much effort so many of you put into irrelevant personal crap.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Way to hijack a thread, children. The topic is New Mexico and its attributes, which include a fantastic climate, very broad cultural and historical base, a unique and incredible cuisine, tens of thousands of square miles of open space, great scenery, broad recreational opportunities, more personal freedom than in most states, crystal clear skies, advanced technology, lots of wind, endless beach, and even some water. People should understand that it’s a different world from its neighbors to the E, N and W, but still part of the U.S. We had to get out a map to convince a New York AAA travel agent that it is a U.S. state, that no passport or visa is necessary to go to Albuquerque.

left the entire quote , just for effect.

I lived in New Mexico for 10+ years , and traveled all, and I mean all over the state, while there is certainly some tech, like the VLA , and some Indians still live in the said to be to be the oldest continuously inhabited site in the U.S, Acoma Pubelo

BUT where IS

the endless BEACH you make reference too ?

doesnt say much for AAA travel agents now does it. VISA LOL

isobars

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U2U2U2 wrote:
BUT where IS the endless BEACH you make reference too ?

doesnt say much for AAA travel agents now does it.

Nope.

What do you think of when you hear the word, "beach"?
Sand.
Ya gotta admit, NM is not lacking in sand.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
U2U2U2 wrote:
BUT where IS the endless BEACH you make reference too ?

doesnt say much for AAA travel agents now does it.

Nope.

What do you think of when you hear the word, "beach"?
Sand.
Ya gotta admit, NM is not lacking in sand.

I think of the common interpretation like :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beach

coachg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm different. When I hear the word "beach", I think of water. Go figure Question

Coachg
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I think of "The Gorge", I don't think Tri-Cities. In fact, I can find no reference to the Tri-Cities in any definition of the Gorge. If the Tri-Cities is in the Gorge, so in Wenatchee. Sorry Dood, you don't live in the Gorge.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Mike Fick can legally hijack a thread and make it about him. Otherwise he becomes an excitable boy. And where there is Warren Zevon and threats of violence from Iso, the headless gunner can't be far away.

Thread is done. Laughing
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
I guess I'm different. When I hear the word "beach", I think of water. Go figure Question

Think wiiiiiiide beaches. If ya walk in the right direction long enough, every patch of land meets the water, and most of NM's valley (it's the nation's 4th highest state, IIRC) land is sand.

Guys, saying NM has lots of beach is a joke, and it's not even my joke. It's a standing joke among anyone who realizes that there are many recreational lakes there, widely scattered among >100,000 square miles of sand plus some mountains. Its largest lake is so big at normal levels that many WSers are afraid to cross it, as the swim to habitable land is miles.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwindsurf wrote:
Sorry Dood, you don't live in the Gorge.

Show us where I've ever said I live in the Gorge. I say I live "near" the Gorge, and I've said endlessly that the "Gorge" is > 200 miles long, running from Clatskenie to Port Kelley (which puts that little saddle in Hood River to shame). In addition, there's Vantage, which blows more often some summers than the Hatchery. Where's that? Up towards Wenatchee, well north of which is another Columbia River gorge (notice the lower case) ... a walled stretch of the Columbia where the wind meets the current in a venturi to produce big swell.

My God, but everyone gets sick of you people who demand that every thread I enter must be diverted away from the topic and focused on me. Most of them also get sick of you aggressive word parsers who demand that I explain the word "to" or "near" with whole paragraphs.

Grow Freaking Up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: