myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama's Epic Failures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 198, 199, 200  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW,
Did they mention the war in Yugoslavia?
No boots and we crushed them.
In Pakistan there is a dearth of leaders in somegroupsbecause drones killed the last three leaders and no one wants to be boss.
Among groups of all kinds, when no one wants to be the boss, the group loses some or all of its effectiveness.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
60 Minutes, this Sunday night, I think the lefties here should watch it, it will have Leon Panetta on, and he has some very damning things to say about BHO pulling, what is now being called by the military, as the "Obama bug out".

This is what happens when you don't secure the peace.

Also, anyone catch "American War Generals" on National Geographic channel? It's a must see, starts with the Viet Nam war and goes up to present day. The lessons learned, and the lessons that are still not being learned. (it was on last night, but will be shown again)

After seeing that, it's was pretty obvious that Obama knows nothing about the Viet Nam war, he seems to want to follow the same steps as LBJ, but w/o boots on the ground, which will make the outcome even more perilous.
We're in for a world of hurt.

So I watched it, did anybody else?
Panetta came down pretty hard on BHO's bug out, which was good to hear, some truth for a change.
But why was he so silent at the time?
Now that he is safely out of his appointed position he can come clean, actually that's a pussy move, after the fact does nobody any good, except for himself, maybe, but that may not last either.
If BHO wasn't going to listen to him, and he really cared that strongly about it, he would have offered his resignation.
windward1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am worried about Panetta playing politics. Remember he was the one who said we could not send in help to aid the folk in Bengazi who were under attack as we do not send troops into an unknown situation. Really?!!! When do we not send in help to Americans under attack?!!! Besides we had drones up giving real time camera of what was happening!
Panetta might be having a guilty conscience or....he might be trying to pave the way for Hillary in 2016 by distancing her from Obama. She also called for arming the "moderate" Syrians at the time....
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to side with President Obama about providing weapons to Syrian rebels. Just because the rebels were fighting in opposition to Assad's regime doesn't mean that we can trust them with sophisticated weaponry and the training to use it. History has proven, particularly in Middle Eastern countries, that more often than not, we don't have a clue what direction that things will take months or years down the line.

Trying to institute or direct a path to democracy in the Muslim world is totally fraught with danger, because it's always going to include loads of religious and cultural nonsense. That's because there's no real freedom in religion. In the chains of religion, democracy doesn't stand a chance. Looking back, all of our optimistic hopes in the Arab Spring have turned into disaster in most of the countries involved. Without a hard separation between church and state, any attempt at democracy becomes a joke.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both president's policies have been failures. We have been too concerned with "war crimes" instead of shutting down their borders and food supply.....I don't want to see either American arms or boots on the ground until we are ready to bring them to their knees. Otherwise, sit tight and let them duke it out.

We don't need a single boot on the ground if we shut off their ability to sell oil and import food and munitions. IOW, any vehicle crossing any border will be bombed out of existence. The Romans did this. It was brutal, and it worked very well.... And for those of you who say this is inhuman, isn't it already horrible?
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now, of course, he has declared and is waging a bigger war on global warming (putting our economy at risk for minimal return) than on radical Islam (putting our lives at risk). This, after telling radical Islam over and over and over that American soldiers will not raise a hand against them. Even the second dumbest president in history is sternly criticizing him now.

I believe this idiot will disrupt and ultimately cost FAR more American and foreign lives than either Bush did, and for a far less noble cause.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet ANOTHER Eric ... er, epic ... failure: failure to capitalize on Holder's firing. He doesn't understand that unless he openly admits firing him, he gets no credit for it. Thus it will contribute almost nothing to its sole objective: preserving the Democratic majority in the Senate in direct response to public and media demand.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the firing part, I think he quit because he couldn't stand being the AG of a "nation of cowards", he just couldn't stoop that low.
AKA an arrogant prick.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The injustice of Eric Holder
Average Americans aren’t blind to the Justice Department’s politicization

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/16/fund-von-spakovsky-the-injustice-of-eric-holder/
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt, the Washington Times' authors hate Attorney General Holder. The rant reads like an off-the-top right wing hit piece that shamelessly heaps questionable opinions that are predictably shallow and worthless. Cheap food for the target audience to wallow in and voice their hate.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Not sure about the firing part, I think he quit because he couldn't stand being the AG of a "nation of cowards", he just couldn't stoop that low.

I'm not CERTAIN either, but he has already stooped lower than the floor of Death Valley in the many indisputable ways he has violated the constitution in deference to politics, race, and his best friend. He also stated he has dreamed of this specific job all his adult life; ya don't walk away from that easily. I'd be very surprised if this departure was Holder's choice, and even if it was, it was great fall election fodder for the Dems and Obama blew it. “I/we fired the guy for his many failures and sins. He blatantly and obviously evaded the constitution, failed to act independently of the executive branch, admitted his in-your-face racial bias, admitted being a political activist, and according to many high-level whistleblowers including the head of his own IG obstructed justice on many occasions to suit his boss’s whims.” (In case you don’t see the problem with that, the DOJ DOES NOT WORK FOR THE PRESIDENT and is duty-bound to ignore politics.)

On second thought, maybe Holder had a conscience he could no longer live with, like Geithner, who quit when ordered by the president to lie to the public about the economy, and so many others.

Naaaah. Not the man who pardoned the biggest tax cheat in history, Mark Rich, at Clinton’s request. Not the man who admitted the sins of the previous paragraph and kept making them. He gave up his right to claim a conscience years and administrations ago.

I’m quite convinced he was fired, as in “Do this for the sake of my credibility, old friend.”

Last edited by isobars on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 75 of 200

Jump to: