myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama's Epic Failures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 198, 199, 200  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have two choices:
(1) read Drudge 24 hours a day, and think the world is coming to an end
(2) participate in one of the greatest bull markets in history
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
You have two choices:
(1) read Drudge 24 hours a day, and think the world is coming to an end
(2) participate in one of the greatest bull markets in history

Ha ha.....I can have my cake and eat it too!
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
I find the right wing ranting pretty amusing. Here is the situation:

1. American's favor some form of immigration reform that secures the borders and creates a path to citizenship for undocumented folks that have been here for a long time.
Quote:
Washington (CNN) - Americans overwhelmingly favor a bill that would give most undocumented immigrants a pathway towards citizenship, according to a new national poll.

And a CNN/ORC International survey also indicates that a majority of the public says that the government's main focus should be legalizing the status of the undocumented rather than border security.

The poll was released Thursday, the same day that House Speaker John Boehner signaled any action on immigration is unlikely this year because House Republicans don't trust President Barack Obama on the issue.

2. The article makes the point that the Republicans are afraid to allow such a bill to come up.

3. There is a piece of legislation in place that requires a hearing for children not coming from Mexico that claim they are fleeing sexual or drug trafficking violence if returned to their country.

4. The large number of children caught at the border (demonstrating that we have done a decent job of securing the border) have overwhelmed both the Border patrol and the legal systems.

5. Changing that legislation requires some form of consensus. The moderates in the middle, both Democrat and Republican, have to agree on some basic points or nothing gets through. Talking points or Obama slander will not change the dynamic.

What will happen to the lemmings with suicide vests that just outed the #2 Republican?

You can have CNN, I'll take Gallup
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Number of Americans calling illegal immigration the 'most important problem' in the U.S. grows more than SIX-FOLD since May and now tops all other issues

17 per cent of Americans put illegal immigration at the top of their lists of U.S. concerns, the highest-ranking item on a list of 47 issues
In May that number was just 3 percent
Since then, news reports have focused on thousands of illegal immigrant children who have flooded across the southern border
U.S. cities are refusing to absorb the children into communities where public services like schools and hospitals are already stretched thin

Read more, with charts, videos, and everything~ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2694508/Number-Americans-calling-illegal-immigration-important-problem-U-S-grows-SIX-FOLD-May-tops-issues.html#ixzz37eySlAEo
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised that the Nit Wit is down with immigrant hating. This guy your hero?

Quote:
Breaking from Newsmax.com

Arizona Rep. Mistakes Campers for Migrants

Adam Kwasman, an Arizona state legislator who is running in a Republican congressional primary, mistook a busload of happy YMCA campers for anxious migrant children heading for a shelter, the Arizona Republic reported.

The candidate was taking part in a protest Monday in Oracle, Arizona, against the anticipated arrival of the migrant kids who were scheduled to be moved to an area shelter. Speaking to an NBC 12 News reporter, Kwasman stated: "I was actually able to see some of the children in the buses. The fear on their faces.... This is not compassion."

Or do you still pine for Joe McCarthy?
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Not surprised that the Nit Wit is down with immigrant hating. This guy your hero?

Quote:
Breaking from Newsmax.com

Arizona Rep. Mistakes Campers for Migrants

Adam Kwasman, an Arizona state legislator who is running in a Republican congressional primary, mistook a busload of happy YMCA campers for anxious migrant children heading for a shelter, the Arizona Republic reported.

The candidate was taking part in a protest Monday in Oracle, Arizona, against the anticipated arrival of the migrant kids who were scheduled to be moved to an area shelter. Speaking to an NBC 12 News reporter, Kwasman stated: "I was actually able to see some of the children in the buses. The fear on their faces.... This is not compassion."

Or do you still pine for Joe McCarthy?

From your post on the "outta here" thread:

"But I will say, in my opinion when someone abandons any attempt at reasoned criticism and resorts to ad hominem attacks (name calling), they forfeit any claim to be treated kindly."
Seriously hypocritical I'd say.

That's my first point, my second one is this, I DON'T HATE IMMIGRATION, but you seem to choose to believe it anyway, however I hate the concept of bussing in illegal immigrants, as well as being amazed by anyone like you, who prefers chalk it up to hate or racism if they don't agree with you.

Your goal seems to be keeping the concept of hate and racism alive just so you can use it as the worst kind of a cheap weapon.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW,
You object strongly to the nasty habit of having your opinion assigned to you by others. I agree 100%.
Makes me wonder why you are in the habit of doing the same?
Talk Radio is mostly that nonsense.pick up the habit from that source?
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW--you seem to miss the point that you are crowing about media discovering, with continued attacks by the far right, that immigration is an issue. A still very small minority consider it to be a major problem--based on a constant attack network from the right that ignores the facts--especially the central fact that the requirement for a hearing in the case of Central American children is a Bush-era law having nothing to do with Obama. You have put your faith in the Tea Party, which has no idea how to pass a law on migration that might involve developing some consensus. Long on the Obama talks, short on practical solutions--the very definition of lacking reasoned critiques.

At the same time, you ignore the influence of white supremacists in the anti-immigrant bashing. The Klan and the John Birch Society have made a comeback, and it doesn't appear to bother you to align with them and speak no evil about their efforts. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/02/kkk-recruitment-fliers/12025895/
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox just showed a montage of Obama's endless speeches forcefully bragging that "I promised I'd end the war in Iraq and I did!" ... over and over and over and over in countless speeches. It was immediately followed by Obama whining meekly in yet another speech about ending the war that "Well, it wasn't MY decision."

Not even Jim Carrey has that many faces.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Fox just showed a montage of Obama's endless speeches forcefully bragging that "I promised I'd end the war in Iraq and I did!" ... over and over and over and over in countless speeches. It was immediately followed by Obama whining meekly in yet another speech about ending the war that "Well, it wasn't MY decision."

Not even Jim Carrey has that many faces.

Apparently, you do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 66 of 200

Jump to: