myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama's Epic Failures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 198, 199, 200  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poinster... I doubt Walmart, or the shoppers camping out on Thanksgiving would support the fair trade policies you are prescribing.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno--you are one of the more articulate and reasonable commentors from the conservative perspective, so I try to read what you write with some care. I looked back at the other thread and did not find this:

Quote:
Actually, I hope you are right. But what I tried to point out in my "How Is The Economy Really Doing" thread is that the number of unemployed adults over age 16 today is that same as it was four years ago. Putting people back to work and getting them off support should be the BIG concern, and there seems to be NO progress in this area.

What is happening now with the economy is that the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer, which I thought is what the left is fighting against. But the left nevertheless praises what is happening with the current economy. You better hope for some "trickle down" or as I see it, we are still stuck in the recession when it comes to jobs.

There are, of course, more workers than there were four years ago, and more jobs. It is also true that a combination of circumstances, and policy, are favoring the rich and not the poor. I ask again, what specifically would you have who do?
pointster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Poinster... I doubt Walmart, or the shoppers camping out on Thanksgiving would support the fair trade policies you are prescribing.

People who were benefiting from the housing bubble wouldn't have approved of higher lending standards and more transparency in the financial markets, but that doesn't mean those would not have been better policy.

The current situation benefits us as consumers, but not as producers. Further, it distorts the economies of both the US and China, making the whole system less efficient.

This is probably the only topic on which I found myself in agreement with Mitt Romney.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

People who were benefiting from the housing bubble wouldn't have approved of higher lending standards and more transparency in the financial markets, but that doesn't mean those would not have been better policy.

The current situation benefits us as consumers, but not as producers. Further, it distorts the economies of both the US and China, making the whole system less efficient.

This is probably the only topic on which I found myself in agreement with Mitt Romney.

I completely agree...however, I believe Mitt, like most politicians running for office, was talking tough on dealing with China. Once , in office, politicians find its quite difficult to be tough on China...knowing the short term risks. It's similar to Republicans blaming the repeal of Glass-Stiegel for the financial crisis, then blasting the Volker rule today.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It's similar to Republicans blaming the repeal of Glass-Stiegel for the financial crisis, then blasting the Volker rule today."

I have to say that I've never heard Republicans blaming the financial crisis and the housing debacle on the repeal of Glass-Stiegel, especially since congressional Republicans were the leading source of the legislative repeal. The right wing's causal factor that I've heard the most was Democratic legislative action (Dodd-Frank) that forced banks and other lenders to offer loans to low income folks. Add more heaps of blame on Freddie Mac and Fanny Mae, and that basically sums up the Republican finger pointing that I've seen.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really bazaar, I can't see this happening at all, but the DNC seems to be taking this seriously, which is even more bazaar, paranoia anyone?
Something like this move, could end up backfiring and turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy. I wouldn't have sent this out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DNC sends email defending Obama from impeachment possibility
7:11 PM 12/28/2013

The Democratic National Committee (DNC) sent out a paranoid email Saturday evening urging supporters to vote for Democrats so that Republicans can’t impeach President Obama.

The email, subject line “Impeachment,” was sent to Obama for America supporters, imploring them to contribute to the DNC’s 2014 efforts. “What do these people all have in common?,” the email asked, featuring quotes from Republican Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma, Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, Rep. Kerry Bentivolio of Michigan, and Rep. Blake Farenthold of Texas discussing the possibility of impeaching Obama for one of his numerous instances of presidential misconduct.

The DNC email discussed the “I-Word” and said that “Republicans are actually excited about the idea.”

“Show these Republicans that they are way, way off-base, and give President Obama a Congress that has his back,” according to the DNC email, noting that Democrats need to win 17 GOP House seats to reclaim a majority.

The DNC, which recently expanded its political tactics to include boycotting independent news outlets, previously supported the last president to be impeached: Bill Clinton.

Obama’s staff changed key talking points on the 2012 Benghazi terrorist attack; his Internal Revenue Service targeted conservative groups during the 2012 election cycle; and Obama personally lied to the American people when he told them that they could keep their existing doctors and health insurance plans under Obamacare.

Obama’s expansion of executive branch authority is “setting the stage for something very dangerous in the future” according to Republican Rep. Justin Amash.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/28/dnc-sends-email-defending-obama-from-impeachment-possibility/#ixzz2oozV8OCu
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
This is really bazaar, I can't see this happening at all, but the DNC seems to be taking this seriously, which is even more bazaar, paranoia anyone?

What's really bizarre, NitWit, is your inability to handle the English language... simple things, such as word usage and spelling. But that's OK... maybe you were born in a bizarre bazaar.

nw30 wrote:

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/28/dnc-sends-email-defending-obama-from-impeachment-possibility/#ixzz2oozV8OCu

Ah, yes. The Daily Caller.

Says Wikipedia: "The Daily Caller is a politically conservative news and opinion website based in Washington, D.C., United States. Founded by Tucker Carlson, a libertarian conservative, political pundit, and Neil Patel, former adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney..."

So, no surprise that they'd sling some shit, and no surprise that you'd pick it up.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What in hell would any of us do without having a resident English teacher here. I guess everybody has some worth in this world, evidently Peeuuno has found his.
Here's an apple core.
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
What in hell would any of us do without having a resident English teacher here. I guess everybody has some worth in this world, evidently Peeuuno has found his.

Ah, no NitWit, I do other things in life. As do you, quite obviously. Clear, intelligent communication is not your thing.

But to continue making stupid mistakes with what should be a fifth-grade task, such as writing sentences using correct words, tends to brand you.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Here's an apple core.

Ooh, good one. Apple seeds contain cyanide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 4 of 200

Jump to: