myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama's Epic Failures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 198, 199, 200  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno claims:

Quote:
Really! What I have also heard is that the 100 million is contingent upon NOT approving the pipeline.

Are you going to give us a credible source for that claim? Absent that, it is just another scurrilous ad hominem attack on Obama, the lowest kind of political discourse. Of course, I'm sure that your source will deny any prejudice in making such a claim.

Obama's stated position is "all of the above", a position that he has taken for years, and which has earned him significant disdain from enviros. He is like most moderates, trying to broker compromises that reflect different policy objectives. The GOP has become the party of scorched earth politics--pun intended. Kick any moderates out of the party and kow tow to big oil, which runs the propaganda machine. Let's compare James Inhofe, the anti-science Senator, who has taken a total of over $400,000 from oil and gas and electrical utilities. https://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/summary.php?cid=N00005582

Or we could look at the whole industry, which has contributed over $238 million since 1990, with 3/4 of that going to Republicans. https://www.opensecrets.org/industries/indus.php?ind=E01, The energy industry has given nearly a million to Obama--so he has gotten contributions from both sides. He will have to say no to someone that he has received campaign contributions from. Inhofe? Not a chance.

There is a fierce debate within the Obama administration about the pipeline, and Steyer is, like the oil companies, paying for access to make his arguments to political appointees high on the food chain. Not fundamentally different than the Bush administration, except the top two guys are not energy guys. Lots wrong with this system, but the Supreme Court says it is free speech, and the GOP has blocked all efforts to change it, or even reveal the sources of the big money. But surely you can't think that this is as bad as Dick Cheney developing national energy policy in a series of secret meetings where the policy was almost exactly what the oil companies asked for, in the language that they suggested?

The net impact of all of this money is that big oil kept their subsidies. Cheaper to pay politicians than taxes. Is this a great country or what?
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
... the morally corrupt Obama. At least Nixon cared about the taxpayer.

One long-time, vocal, staunch, almost daily newsmedia defender of Obama recently moved more towards center regarding Obama, then in the past year or so to even criticizing Obama's policies which have failed so miserably in every regard short of drone warfare. That person still defends Obama very strongly on a personal level, saying repeatedly that Obama believes he's doing the right thing but is just too misguided by his upbringing and heartfelt ideology to understand the harm he's doing at home and abroad. That same person called equally loudly for the resignation or dismissal of Rumsfeld for years before Iraq got bungled.

I'll give you guys a dozen guesses who I'm talking about.

10, 11, 12 ... BZZZZT! WRONG!
It's Bill O'Reilly.
I KNEW the guys who said they've watched him were BSing us.

Last edited by isobars on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those new here the above post is a lie Iso repeated for the first time about five years ago.
Oreilly loved Obama and recently changed his mind. Hilarious.
It refers to a single factual statement Oreilly made about Obama, defending him from guys like Iso long ago. I think it wa the birth certificate.
Then he stopped doing that the next day when the boss complained.
At that time he was concerned that so many conservatives believed in so much HS that we would look stupid to educated people.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to speak to someone who supports the pipeline on its merits.
It seems to be all about hating Obama.
The original filing by the Canadians could not suggest any substantial benefit for our country.
Unlike all other sources, that doc held the Ruth or its authors could wind up in jail.
Could someone explain why the Canadians diverting their oil from northern refineries for the American market so they can ship it out from La. to higher paying foreign markets is good for our country?
I fear that the good of our country is no longer a consideration to talk radio conservatives. Hating Obama is all they have left to think with.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without a doubt, that oil is coming out of the ground. It will go to China if it doesn't go to us. China will continue to destroy the environment and build their military.

Why shouldn't we grow the economy, get more oil, and protect the environment?
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Without a doubt, that oil is coming out of the ground. It will go to China if it doesn't go to us. China will continue to destroy the environment and build their military.

Why shouldn't we grow the economy, get more oil, and protect the environment?

You really are a very funny guy.

Great satire!
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
For those new here the above post is a lie Iso repeated for the first time about five years ago.
Oreilly loved Obama and recently changed his mind. Hilarious.
It refers to a single factual statement Oreilly made about Obama, defending him from guys like Iso long ago. I think it wa the birth certificate.
Then he stopped doing that the next day when the boss complained.

Your entire post is a lie.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900, did you ever ask yourself how Steyer personally benefits from a decision to reject the Keystone XL pipeline? Isn't it a bit curious why big donors from the left don't seem to have the ulterior motives to profit from the Keystone XL pipeline like the Republican donors?

Regarding the Keystone XL pipeline, why should the average American support such an endeavor? It won't result in cheaper gas prices or produce any other tangible outcomes with widespread benefits, so why is it so important project to rally behind? Is such a project really an infrastructure improvement? I think not, because it doesn't increase commerce that regular Americans can benefit from like roads, bridges, airports, and water projects.

From a purely economical and jobs perspective, I'm inclined to think that shipping the oil by rail could make more sense when it comes to creating real American and Canadian jobs. Wasn't it NW30 that posted an industry article about that? Just the demand for new tanker cars would represent a boon to the railway related manufacturing and steel industries. I like the idea of railroads, because at least that kind of investment offers a flexible kind of infrastructure that could serve other purposes.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steyer is, or was until recently, a major investor in Kinder Morgan, which is building a competitor to the Keystone pipeline. He is also an egotist who wants to control the left.

Unbelievable that he is so hypocritical, yet gets a free ride. Classic oligarch.

And, Buffet owns the railroads, so it is easy to see why he's opposed to a more efficient way to transport oil.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Bard, you're conveniently ignoring my main point. What tangible benefits will average Americans see with the Keystone XL pipeline? Can't think of any?

The Keystone XL pipeline is a smoke and mirrors ruse being promoted by the oil industry so that it can profit refining crude oil for export. It's pretty simple to see what's going on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 29 of 200

Jump to: