myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Windsurfing Videos Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Outrage fatigue
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
beaglebuddy



Joined: 10 Feb 2012
Posts: 688

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Outrage fatigue Reply with quote

Quite a strategy from these folks, one outrageous scandal to the next with the media running cover for them.
Any single one of these outrages could have had a Republican President removed from office.
Last weeks scandal is forgotten by the latest one and the general public loses interest because they can't keep up with it all.
They are just shoving it in our faces now as evidenced by the politicians exempting themselves from obomacare,
"Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"
What's next from this gang? I can't hardly wait
Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
windoggie



Joined: 22 Feb 2002
Posts: 2384

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Outrage fatigue Reply with quote

beaglebuddy wrote:

Last weeks scandal is forgotten by the latest one and the general public loses interest because they can't keep up with it all.

Sad
Methinks thats because all the "scandals" have been the product of GOP overstatement or fabrication...they lose steam because there are no facts to stoke the furnace.
_________________
/w\
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 14050

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Outrage fatigue Reply with quote

beaglebuddy wrote:
Any single one of these outrages could have had a Republican President removed from office.

For that reason -- let alone the sheer glee of seeing the biggest threat to our nation in my lifetime fall flat on its collective ass -- I've stopped watching the details. At this point, it has gotten so bad there is zero doubt whom I'm voting for for Pres or dogcatcher, so why sweat the details?

I've gone back to the more important, sane, rational side of TV. I recently watched all 4 or 5 years of Breaking Bad for the first time, just watched the last season of Walking Dead, and will home in on Homeland soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nw30



Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Posts: 1645
Location: The eye of the universe, Cen. Cal. coast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Outrage fatigue Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
beaglebuddy wrote:

Last weeks scandal is forgotten by the latest one and the general public loses interest because they can't keep up with it all.

Sad
Methinks thats because all the "scandals" have been the product of GOP overstatement or fabrication...they lose steam because there are no facts to stoke the furnace.


You can't be serious, nobody died at Benghazi, the IRS never singled out conservative fund raising organizations, BHO really does like coal and big oil, and most of all, we are all happy because we are now getting affordable, and better healthcare, using our favorite doctors.

Oh,,,,,,,,,, to be a dog, no brains, no headaches.

_________________
I don't drink the 'cool' aid, I drink tequila, it's more honest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stevenbard



Joined: 11 Nov 1993
Posts: 4057

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Outrage fatigue Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
beaglebuddy wrote:
Any single one of these outrages could have had a Republican President removed from office.

For that reason -- let alone the sheer glee of seeing the biggest threat to our nation in my lifetime fall flat on its collective ass -- I've stopped watching the details. At this point, it has gotten so bad there is zero doubt whom I'm voting for for Pres or dogcatcher, so why sweat the details?

I've gone back to the more important, sane, rational side of TV. I recently watched all 4 or 5 years of Breaking Bad for the first time, just watched the last season of Walking Dead, and will home in on Homeland soon.


Just an observation, but you're watching a bunch of extremely paranoid shows!!! Every one of them good though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 14050

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch 'em 'cause I like 'em. I hadn't even thought about their psychology, politics, or ideology.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stevenbard



Joined: 11 Nov 1993
Posts: 4057

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
beaglebuddy



Joined: 10 Feb 2012
Posts: 688

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a tv but I have caught walking dead on netflix, totally hooked but I have to wait until next year to watch the current episodes so don't tell me what happens Smile
I too have largely given up on discussing politics, I just come on here and rant a bit but most of my friends and neighbors don't know where I stand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
windoggie



Joined: 22 Feb 2002
Posts: 2384

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Outrage fatigue Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
You can't be serious, nobody died at Benghazi, the IRS never singled out conservative fund raising organizations, BHO really does like coal and big oil, and most of all, we are all happy because we are now getting affordable, and better healthcare, using our favorite doctors.
as I was saying.....
_________________
/w\
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 14050

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beaglebuddy wrote:
I don't have a tv but I have caught walking dead on netflix, totally hooked but I have to wait until next year to watch the current episodes so don't tell me what happens Smile
SPOILER ALERT: 6,395 more zombies got re-killed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group