myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Iran, and why I read George Will
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Highest Consumer confidence since July 2007
Lowest unemployment #(7%) since the slide
Market en fuego
Real Estate en fuego
Labor particicpation rate increasing
In -n-out burger flippers making 10.50 an hour
Biotech having its best run EVER
NorCal tech absolutely screaming...res.real estate in valley 1200/ft
Stay negative rightys....it suits you just fine.

So why are the dems in DC pushing hard for another year tacked onto the unemployment benefits?
Seems to me that it shouldn't be all that important anymore, according to the current stats, assuming they are accurate, and even though 41% of the new jobs are in government. No surprise there.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/41-net-new-jobs-november-were-government
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW...if you go bls.com, and look at the tables you will find that the new jobs in the last 12 months have come from the private sector, which is on fire...hence the stock market double. In regards to those out of work, we have reached a point where many of the unskilled in this country are unemployable..thus the dems want to extend help, rather than throw them on the street. GOVT jobs in the past 12 months have actually shrunk.
NW...if you simply read the link you posted, you will find that GOVT jobs shrunk in the last 12 months.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accuracy issues aside, what does this have to do with Iran? Another thread hijack underway? Mike Fick light?

Quote:
So why are the dems in DC pushing hard for another year tacked onto the unemployment benefits?
Seems to me that it shouldn't be all that important anymore, according to the current stats, assuming they are accurate, and even though 41% of the new jobs are in government. No surprise there.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" But there are still those on the conservative side who can think, and write, effectively. From the Washington Post."

Sorry mac, I have to respectfully disagree. In my view, George Will is just a pompous jerk. Rarely, if ever, does he write an insightful opinion. Most of his commentary fits into the realm of poorly constructed cheap shots like the one that NW30 linked for us. The guy is a pseudo intellectual pretending to be credible.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Accuracy issues aside, what does this have to do with Iran? Another thread hijack underway? Mike Fick light?

Quote:

Mac...I'm sorry. I was injecting positive news in a place where none existed. carry on.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler--I think that the viewpoint articulated by Will regarding Iran was spot on, and in sharp contrast to the posts by Beagle Buddy, NW, and incredibly, Bard in his post on Mandela. There are some very difficult problems in the world, and military might is not the only tool that should be in the tool box. Will takes his share of cheap shots at Obama, liberals, and education reform, and I usually disagree. But he had a deeper insight on Iran--lost on the Obama haters here.

Did you know there was crime before Obama was elected? And war? And trouble in the Middle East? Did Bush solve those problems?

Has the right learned anything?

Boggsy--I was reacting to NW's second cheap shot. I don't expect insight from the neo-Birchers.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac, I have to agree that starting a war with Iran would be totally nuts. However, just because Will realizes that doesn't change my overall opinion of him. All too often his commentary highlights his pretentious attitude and style. Just BS dressed up with twenty-five cent words.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Chandler--I think that the viewpoint articulated by Will regarding Iran was spot on, and in sharp contrast to the posts by Beagle Buddy, NW, and incredibly, Bard in his post on Mandela. There are some very difficult problems in the world, and military might is not the only tool that should be in the tool box. Will takes his share of cheap shots at Obama, liberals, and education reform, and I usually disagree. But he had a deeper insight on Iran--lost on the Obama haters here.

Did you know there was crime before Obama was elected? And war? And trouble in the Middle East? Did Bush solve those problems?

Has the right learned anything?

Boggsy--I was reacting to NW's second cheap shot. I don't expect insight from the neo-Birchers.

Mac, according to you, anything that I have to say, about anything, is nothing but a cheap shot.

My first post on "your" thread here, was in regards to the second part of your thread title, "and why I read George Will", I agreed with you as to reading him as well, and I gave one of my examples, nothing more.
Maybe you should have titled it "George Will on Iran", that denotes only one subject, Iran, or maybe just "Iran".
And my second post here was not a cheap shot either, but a question directed towards the post I was responding to (not one of yours), nothing more. Which BTW, never got answered.

But to you they are both cheap shots,,,,,,,, you are way too sensitive.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:

"you are way too sensitive" says the guy who's defending and explaining himself because he's way too sensitive.

You are way too funny!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
nw30 wrote:

"you are way too sensitive" says the guy who's defending and explaining himself because he's way too sensitive.

You are way too funny!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now mac is going to be mad at both of us for not talking about Iran here.
Welcome to the club, did you bring beer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: