myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The pope on income re-distribution
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the Pope has done is to allow Priests to absolve sins that are grounds for excommunication unless a Bishop is involved.

This allows those to rejoin, or stay with, the Catholic Church. The Church, in many locales, is central to family and social lives. This would seem to be an act of kindness and charity.

If you are interested in the actual Catholic theology of sin and grace, I would suggest reading up on it. It is not as black and white (inside Catholic joke) as it might appear.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail_Ponder wrote:
I would hate to be prejudiced. So please kind sir, let me drink from your fountain of knowledge and enlighten me. 😏

Two other posters here, who generally (and foolishly!) don't see the wisdom of my words, have, to their credit, presented more than enough data to enlighten you. Enjoy the Wave Jam. Take some deep, cleansing breathes as you watch the sun go down over the Sound. You will feel the need for conflict slowly, but surely, melting awaaaay, and return to Canada a better person!!
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
isobars wrote:
OTOH, one's opinion is based on observed and/or admitted facts, it is no longer prejudice, but instead a rational assessment................I have no idea what this pope has done to stop pedophilia.

Thank you for reinforcing my point.

???
I neither have nor expressed any opinions on any pope's position regarding pedophelia.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well well is there any question now.... are you right wingers hiding from lightning strikes right now?

Quote:
With the first words that Pope Francis uttered publicly on American soil, he made it clear Wednesday that he does not intend to sidestep the deeply divisive issues that are roiling this country — and indeed, that he plans to fully employ his voice and influence as the spiritual leader of nearly 80 million Roman Catholics in the U.S.

Amid the pageantry of a welcoming ceremony on the White House lawn, the first pope from the Americas introduced himself as “the son of an immigrant family. I am happy to be a guest in this country, which was largely built by such families.”

Quote:
In his brief address at the White House, delivered in English, the pope also congratulated President Obama for "proposing an initiative for reducing air pollution. Accepting the urgency, it seems clear to me also that climate change is a problem which can no longer be left to a future generation."

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow did the Pope beat the piss out of you right wingers... Kinda taking the wind out of your sails...

I love just this one to the right wingers in Congress. He appears to know/profiled the ultra right wingers on this forum too.

But this probably goes over the intellectual ability of a right winger.

Quote:

"Our world is increasingly a place of violent conflict, hatred and brutal atrocities, committed even in the name of God and of religion. We know that no religion is immune from forms of individual delusion or ideological extremism. This means that we must be especially attentive to every type of fundamentalism, whether religious or of any other kind. A delicate balance is required to combat violence perpetrated in the name of a religion, an ideology or an economic system, while also safeguarding religious freedom, intellectual freedom and individual freedoms."

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nyt

Quote:
One Catholic congressman, Rep. Paul A. Gosar (R-Ariz.), skipped the pope’s appearance to protest Francis’s advocacy for strong action against global climate change and what Gosar sees as the pope’s failure to speak out “with moral authority against violent Islam.”

mac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike many on the forum, Francis seeems to have read Jesus' words. In Mexico City he said:

Experience teaches us that each time we seek the path of privileges or benefits for a few to the detriment of the good of all, sooner or later the life of society becomes s fertile soil for corruption, drug trade, exclusion of different cultures, violence....

So not Trump.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey religious right now according to a higher source you can not call yourselves christians anymore. daaaa you never could...

lets see if this is headlines in the right wing owned and controlled media in the USA?

https://trofire.com/2016/11/12/pope-francis-calls-religious-right-supporting-trump/

Pope Francis Calls Out Religious Right For Supporting Trump

Quote:
Pope Francis has never been shy about sharing his feelings about Donald Trump, and after the election, the Pope said that American Christians aren’t actually Christian if they support a man more concerned about building walls than building bridges. The Ring of Fire’s Farron Cousins discusses this.

Quote:

After the election of Donald Trump, Pope Francis had some pretty harsh words for that Christian right in America that helped elect Donald Trump. He said that, those people in America, the Christians who voted for Donald Trump, no, you can’t call yourself a Christian anymore.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pope Francis determines who is, and who is not a Christian? Really? I thought Mac said that the Pope has read Jesus' words.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be the best pope ever. http://usuncut.com/news/pope-francis-cannot-reject-refugees-call-christian/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31

Jump to: