myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The pope on income re-distribution
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the future.... Pope addressing congress. I guess I called this one...

will the right wingers yell at the Pope "he lies" when he addresses them if the Popes speaks about global warming? Income inequality? Racism?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2015/09/16/can-congress-behave-itself-when-the-pope-visits/?wpmm=1&wpisrc=nl_politics

Can Congress behave itself when the pope visits?

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lefty supporting church / state? What next?
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... look at this. The right wingers are going to be yelling you liar in unicen. If they have a soul they will just boycott the Pope rather than bear false witness to humanity.

Just amazing... Boy are these right wingers in for a major smackdown if this article is accurate...

What does a right winger do when they have been using their religion to hate the poor and the environment. and the Pope tells you to stop being a hypocrite. Seems like there will be a lot of lightning and burning of these right wing haters soon...

http://cleantechnica.com/2015/09/16/pope-francis-sends-encyclical-republicans-congress-video/?utm_source=Cleantechnica+News&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=6bff947d08-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_term=0_b9b83ee7eb-6bff947d08-332019637
Pope Francis Sends Encyclical To Republicans In Congress

Quote:
To highlight the plea by Pope Francis, spiritual leader of the world’s 1.2 billion Roman Catholics, that all people of good will respond to the moral imperative of solving climate change, faith leaders today hand-delivered “Laudato Si’,” the Pope’s first complete encyclical to the faithful, to all Catholic members of the US Congress. The distribution of these 160-page books precedes the Pope’s planned address to Congress on September 24.

Along with delivering the official policy document, Franciscan Catholic activist Patrick Carolan and Presbyterian climate activist Mike Tidwell are also requesting lawmakers to support the Healthy Climate and Family Security Act. Introduced in the House of Representatives on February 24, 2015, by Maryland Congressman Chris Van Hollen and cosponsored by more than 25 of his colleagues, the bill would cap carbon pollution in the US and issue quarterly “carbon dividend” checks to recompense Americans victimized by anthropogenic climate change. H.R. 1027 is called a “cap and dividend” measure rather than “cap and trade” to emphasize its wider purpose of redress directly back to the poor and middle classes harmed by corporate pollution of the atmosphere.

Seems rep Van Hollen mission is being raised to Sainthood while the religious right who bear false witness are heading to a hot place.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It comes as no surprise that Baja is so excited by a visit and message from the leader of the largest known and condoned homosexual pedophile organization on earth. Personally, I'm not too interested in a message from a person who has the power to make radical change to such an organization, and yet, has done so unbelievably little. I would imagine that my friend who was molested as a young boy is probably seeing red at the insanity of this hypocrisy.

Why would anyone give a flying fart about his opinion on such matters when his organization openly condones grown men manipulating young boys / children into engaging in sexual acts and damaging them psychologically for life? Ya, sorry, I'm not interested in lectures from anyone who openly and knowingly supports that behavior in an organization they lead. They should interrupt his speech and throw him out of there while they're at it.

While you're wetting you pants in glee, maybe the pope will be addressing the condoned and encouraged act of baby "chop shops" that the left wingers love so much. He could start there, and just keep going.

Here, read this....it should add to your elation. Estimated 8,000+ of these POS among the ranks of the leadership of the organization he represents, and what do they do? Protect, or worse yet, promote them. Sick!!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pope-francis-pedophiles-chile-juan-barros/

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2014/08/28/why-pope-francis-protecting-high-ranking-pedophile-156630

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=pope+francis+pedophiles

http://news.nationalpost.com/holy-post/pope-francis-says-about-8000-pedophiles-are-members-of-catholic-clergy-including-bishops-and-cardinals
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail_Ponder wrote:
It comes as no surprise that Baja is so excited by a visit and message from the leader of the largest known and condoned homosexual pedophile organization on earth. Personally, I'm not too interested in a message from a person who has the power to make radical change to such an organization, and yet, has done so unbelievably little. I would imagine that my friend who was molested as a young boy is probably seeing red at the insanity of this hypocrisy.

Why would anyone give a flying fart about his opinion on such matters when his organization openly condones grown men manipulating young boys / children into engaging in sexual acts and damaging them psychologically for life? Ya, sorry, I'm not interested in lectures from anyone who openly and knowingly supports that behavior in an organization they lead. They should interrupt his speech and throw him out of there while they're at it.

While you're wetting you pants in glee, maybe the pope will be addressing the condoned and encouraged act of baby "chop shops" that the left wingers love so much. He could start there, and just keep going.

Here, read this....it should add to your elation. Estimated 8,000+ of these POS among the ranks of the leadership of the organization he represents, and what do they do? Protect, or worse yet, promote them. Sick!!!!

first sorry for your friend. Hopefully the Pope will have an impact in that area too. The last Popes that were right wing obviously did nothing and did not see the right wing hating him, in fact Bush went to one of the right wing Popes funerals. There was no media outrage about a sitting president going to that Popes funeral over pediophilia.. Gee do we see the right wing Canadian hypocrisy...

Also seems the right wingers who appointed as their speaker the highest position in congress a child pedophile should set an example first. So maybe the right wing is a part of child pediphilia.

Next this Pope has already said by your definition of what is a life you are not a serial killer to effect. So be happy you may not be a serial killer, but by your definition you may be. I have no problem with you turning yourself in for murder by your own definition. After all how many lives have you killed in your life? Just as I have no problem with people who believe in the death penalty and vote for it. If their kind kills and they believe in the death penalty it should be allowed to their own. But those who do not believe in it it should never be used on them.

isobars

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail_Ponder wrote:
Estimated 8,000+ of these POS among the ranks of the leadership of the organization he represents, and what do they do? Protect, or worse yet, promote them. Sick!!!!

But according to the pope and his recent declaration on abortion, anything goes as long as offenders say they are really really sorry and utter the right mantras.

Hail Mary!

IMO, that makes the entire church a living, breathing hypocrisy (damn; didn't even have to use spellcheck!). No wonder I enjoyed the 7 years I spent in Utah as the only non-Mormon in my entire bedroom community and in a job environment of mostly Mormons. They had some strange ideas, but most of them lived by their beliefs 24/7, not just 2/168, and not one of them ever told me I was going to hell because I was not a Mormon.

Not that I would have cared.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail_Ponder wrote:
Why would anyone give a flying fart about his opinion on such matters when his organization openly condones grown men manipulating young boys / children into engaging in sexual acts and damaging them psychologically for life? Ya, sorry, I'm not interested in lectures from anyone who openly and knowingly supports that behavior in an organization they lead.

Since the Pope openly supports pedophilia within the Catholic Church, I'm sure you can provide us all with examples of statements he has made which reveal that open support.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I'm just repeating what the present pope said just last week. I have no interest in studying that church in greater detail.

You join the legions of posters on this forum, who express strong opinions based upon sound bites, and upon matters which they have "no interest in studying". Inevitably their ignorance of the topic is revealed and doubt is cast upon the worth of opinions that they loudly pronounce on other topics.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Nail_Ponder wrote:
Why would anyone give a flying fart about his opinion on such matters when his organization openly condones grown men manipulating young boys / children into engaging in sexual acts and damaging them psychologically for life? Ya, sorry, I'm not interested in lectures from anyone who openly and knowingly supports that behavior in an organization they lead.

Since the Pope openly supports pedophilia within the Catholic Church, I'm sure you can provide us all with examples of statements he has made which reveal that open support.

Nope, but actions speak louder than words my friend.
If you were the head of a large school and it was known that a percentage of the faculty were molesting children would you not terminate them instantly and bring them to justice? I sure as hell would.

Now, if you were that head of the school, and you did little to nothing to address that heinous crime, do you think your inability to reprimand such deviants would suggest that openly condone those actions?

Heck, I've shown people the door for a poor attitude. A criminal act on my clock and the door would have an imprint of your backside on it. Molest someone's child on my time while representing my company and me and that's a whole different story.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP--Much as it pains me, I'm with mrgybe on this one. The Catholic Church, as an organization, committed a terrible crime in choosing to protect priests not children. But this pope, and to my surprise, the last pope, have done most of the right things to cure that evil. Check out the last issue of the New Yorker. http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/09/14/holy-orders-letter-from-the-vatican-alexander-stille

It seems that Vincent did more than most of us saw--but failed on the PR front.

Former choir boy and altar boy--unmolested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 28 of 31

Jump to: