myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Wednesday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrWind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Wednesday Reply with quote

Planning on heading to Pleasure Beach, Waterford CT tomorrow morning. Will sail in front Millstone Nuclear Power Station.

Will park at the State Boat Launch and sail from the beach there.

Lars

Last edited by DrWind on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
jpeter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Ever sail there ? Reply with quote

Seems like maybe a nice wave break onto the Jordan cove outer flat if the tide was high. I have fished there from time to time. Low at 11 tomorrow, maybe the shoals ahead of the flat are shallow enough. Sail down wind just a bit to be in there. (launch from the boat ramp and be pretty close)

I don't know if I'm in or not yet.

JP
DrWind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay,

That what was I thinking. Could be surprisingly good in there, nice thing is that if something goes wrong, you will end up on land somewhere. Just have to remember to jibe before getting to the Millstone Security Zone. At least someone is watching you....

I was checking the charts, it seems there is possible break just south of the Millstone, the depth quickly goes from 24 to 4 feet, which could be interesting. It is right by the outflow from the plant. Could be Nuclear conditions.....
ctually you can see shoal near the plant in the picture below.

http://images1.adorraeli.com/672_250/2012/08/Selection_016.png

Also there is an 8 foot rock out in the bay surrounded by 20 feet of water, could be some break there.

Lars
DrWind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change of plans.... Storm is moving more quickly. Plan to head to Pt. Judith / Narragansett. May end up at Roger Wheeler. Scarborough may be too rough. 10-12 foot waves are expected.

Lars
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: