myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Stolen Van filled with Windsurfing Gear
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrFish

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
MrFish wrote:

Pretty sorry excuse for a message board.
The message board is great, its Iso who causes it to go off the deep end all the time.
Like the filibuster, it's time for him to go. He does nothing to advance windsurfing or honest discussion. He won't leave on his own so I think its time for iwindsurf to shitcan his ass.

Actually the *moderation* here is the problem.

There is always going to be some one on a board like that, but if they are allowed 12,000 posts -- then it's the way the board is being run that is the problem.

(and yes the solution is as you say)
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrFish wrote:
hijacked by someone posting some right wing nonsense

The state I was referring to is a blue state, and the hijacking was done by those who oppose its laws.
MrFish

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trollish behavior and constant thread jacking is always going to happen, but if the instigator is not banned after 12,000 posts it's the site owners who are at fault.

Yes: a web site is private property.

It's unreadable/ unusable at this point.

This thread wasn't about gun nuts jacking off / it was about someone's stolen gear.

Why should I bother clicking the next time there's a theft, when I know damn well the thread won't be about the theft; it will be about how having 25 glocks is the cure for all the world's ills, or how the immigrants are all to blame, or some other such crap.
mogunn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
The message board is great, its Iso who causes it to go off the deep end all the time.
Like the filibuster, it's time for him to go. He does nothing to advance windsurfing or honest discussion. He won't leave on his own so I think its time for iwindsurf to shitcan his ass.

Absolutely!

MrFish wrote:
Trollish behavior and constant thread jacking is always going to happen, but if the instigator is not banned after 12,000 posts it's the site owners who are at fault.
Yes: a web site is private property.

This thread wasn't about gun nuts jacking off / it was about someone's stolen gear.
Why should I bother clicking the next time there's a theft, when I know damn well the thread won't be about the theft; it will be about how having 25 glocks is the cure for all the world's ills, or how the immigrants are all to blame, or some other such crap.

Agreed 100%

Kirk, sorry to hear about your van and gear. Will keep an eye out.

beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is not black or white, there are grey areas. Of course you do not shoot a child that takes a piece of candy, not for something that's barely an infraction and when the perp is a child, that's just silly.
Taking a newer van full prized expensive gear is a felony I'm pretty sure, felony grand theft. Felony Grand Theft is different from an infraction.
If it happened to me or a lot of y'all you would want to shoot the perp to stop the crime if necessary. There are a lot of people who would probably want to shoot the perp just on general principals for doing something like this and I can't disagree.
The person who did this is most likely an illegal alien and part of a criminal network. A lot different from a child taking a piece of candy. The van is either destined for a drug courier assignment or the chop shop, or both.
The windsurfing gear will most likely be thrown in a dumpster or dumped in a field, the van was certainly not stolen for the gear inside it. The effort and the risk required to fence the specialized goods would involve too much risk.
If the suspect was shot and killed during this theft I for one would be happy about it.
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And.... if you don't like what Mike says just ignore it, so funny, you all can't resist and take the bait creating a 5hitstorm. If you didn't react and respond with your opinions there would be no issue but you can't seem to let a dissenting opinion go unchallenged. Rolling Eyes
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... or uncensored, if they had their Big Government way.

BTW, it wasn't intended as bait. It is a legitimate potential solution to the perils of living in big cities and/or PC states. Having moved from a state like I mentioned to one in which Kirk's van thieves would see no jail time until their sixth conviction (and stopping a property theft with necessary force is illegal) is unsettling, but the WSing is better. My partial solution was to build a steel shop in which everything but my garbage can gets parked inside 24/7. I'm guessing that in CA that would be cost and space prohibitive, but my other suggestions are worth considering ... and far more useful than crying about my post count.

BTW ... I suggest an anger management retreat for Uwindsurf.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MODERATOR;

Forum Decorum:
You are welcome to disagree with others courteously without attacking them personally. If you do not like the content of someone’s posts, the solution is to simply NOT read or respond to their post - so their post will more quickly drop to the bottom of the pile. We must realize that sometimes we become part of the problem if we constantly engage someone whom we consider to be a problem user. Remember that young people and others thinking about taking up windsurfing do read these forums to learn about the sport - and the character of its participants. Phrase your posts accordingly. Individuals who show a pattern of initiating strongly uncivil forum behavior that leads to deletion of their posts may be banned from using the iWindsurf Forums after 5 such deletions. Any individual who shows a pattern of making incendiary comments which incite others to attack him/her or other forum users may also be banned from these forums.

Is this written to be enforced, or just a worthless piece of paper ?

others here on this thread, have mentioned hijack and deliberate incendiary remarks.

Please add me to the list. It has become increasingly annoying to have thread go off topic into a free for all.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: