myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WTB Used/Damaged 6.0-6.5 1or 2 or 3 cam sail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thombiz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: WTB Used/Damaged 6.0-6.5 1or 2 or 3 cam sail Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Bob Thompson, the sail repair guy here in Corpus Christi. One of the old fart (he's 84) windsurfers here in Corpus has flat wore out his old 6.2 2-cam sail. He's a good guy, always volunteering at the childrens hospital and helping others when he can, but he has no money for a decent sail. His sail is litterally in tatters, falling apart, so I thought I'd try to find a used/damaged 6.0 to 6.5 sail I could rebuild and give to him for Xmas. He only weighs about 135 lbs, so a wave sail wouldn't work for him because he would be using the sail in light winds and it wouldn't be able to take a shape in such light winds, so the sail really needs to have 1 to 3 cams. Lots of monofilm is ok, sundamaged is ok, impact damaged (preferred) is ok. I can replace all the monofilm and x-scrim in a sail this size in a day. To suit him, the sail needs to be light, maybe something like an old MPR 6.0 or a V6, maybe a Windwing Hammer or Synthesis, or something like that. The price just needs to be low enough that I can afford to buy it, ship it, fix it, and give it to him. Thanks. Bob T.
thombiz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses.

Last edited by thombiz on Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great sail.
I have one in 6.0.
Will match up against most modern 6.3 sized sails, huge wind range of 17-26, and as fast as anything out there today.
Pop cams on after outhaul, then downhaul fully.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: