myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Costa Rica- March

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morwind4me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Costa Rica- March Reply with quote

Headed to Costa Rica in March/April 13'. We have no plans other than to fly into Liberia and out of San Jose. Open book plans right now. We'll only be there 7 days.

Thinking of spending a few days up by Arenel. Anyone have any recommendations for lodging up that way? If the opportunity presents itself to windsurf, great. I see Tico Wind and Tilawa as windsurf centers. Again, I'd be interested if anyone has any lodging suggestions for a couple. Clean and safe are my two requirements. Other than that, don't really care.

We'll then move off to the coast for a few days I think. Again, open book so if you "love" something, please....let us know! I've never surfed, so maybe learning will present itself.
combs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made 3 trips to Lake Arenal and strongly suggest you work with Peter and Crystal at Tico Wind. they can arrange lodging for you at a local house (Casa Helena is a stand out) or the closest hotel (Mystica...great pizzas).

IMO Tico Wind has the best service and great gear that they turn over every year.

Make sure to drive to see the Volcano, hot springs, zip lines, etc. If the wind is not blowing...there is so much to do around Lake Arenal that we have yet to make it to the coast!

Have Fun!!
ashtonagar64

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, There are so many services you will found lodging or villa services for staying there. Make sure you have carried all necessary things for a pleasant visit. Cheers! Have a great vacation

Check

ferienhaus lloret de mar | ferienhaus costa brava
madmax7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget bug spray, with wind blowing no biggie, but in room at night can be an issue

Enjoy, Max
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: