myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Kite Wave Week at PSC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Waterat Pat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Kite Wave Week at PSC Reply with quote

Just got back last Sunday from PSC after spending 10 glorius days in Baja.
Scored 2 south swells with both hitting on the weekends. The wind was light only a couple of 5.2 days and the rest 6.2 my biggest sail. I surf and bike also so no lack of things to do. It was the Kite wave week at Solo so lots of kiters in the water with varying skill levels. On the whole the kiters were very respectful and we got along just fine. I did see how tough that venue is for kiters when the wind gets light. Offshore winds with your kite barely flying meant multiple fish camp rescues for the more inexperienced. Solo truly is a full service adventure camp. I did have one scary moment. Sailing out/upwind from the point all of the kiters were upwind at old mans. One straggler was downwind close to me so I gave him what I thought was plenty of room about 2/3 the lengths of his strings. After I pass by I hear swearing and out of the corner of my eye see the kite come down and hit the water right in front of me. Quick downwind turn and I went right around his kite. Really glad he knew how to swear! I think it was a case of don't stare at what you don't want to hit.
Made me appreciate the skill level of most of the kiters at Waddell.
hilton08

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Windsurf Week at PSC Reply with quote

I guess the wind was better for windsurf week with Wyatt and Tyson at Solo Sports. Windy every day with 4.2-5.7 sails for most. It's hard to beat the fly-in option and all-inclusive "luxury" of Punta San Carlos when you stay with Kevin and the Solo Sports crew.

baja surf.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  195.96 KB
 Viewed:  5193 Time(s)

baja surf.jpg

baja party wave.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  226.11 KB

baja party wave.jpg

baja lip.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  220.78 KB

baja lip.jpg

baja kite.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  212.96 KB

baja kite.jpg

baja air.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  317.82 KB

baja air.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: